Problems with my accu-chek combo :'(

Charlie500

This is my first 'topic' on here and any feedback would be great, basically I'm having some issues with my pump now which is really disheartening because I've settled into pump life like a duck to water!
I got my pump last July (2013) and all was well and good until a few months later when the battery life started to diminish very quickly, first lasting a couple of weeks, then a week then down to a couple of days before the low battery error flashed up (the battery was running out too if I didn't change it quick enough)
Around December I phoned and spoke to accu-chek and I was sent a replacement pump out, again all well and good until now!! The battery is draining quicker than anything! I changed the battery 3 days ago after it fully ran out, and now (3 days later) another message - low battery. I'm at my wits end now worrying about going out in case a battery died, and I'm bleeding money away on batteries.
I use Duracell alkaline batteries, also I have bought new ones in which you can see how much power is left, when I remove the battery and check, the battery still shows full power.
Has anybody else had this problem, or is it something I'm doing wrong? I just don't know what to do anymore

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

iHs

Hi

The battery will run out quickly with alkaline. You should be using lithium Energizer instead. These should last about 3 months in the pump and about 4-6 weeks in the handset

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

scoyyt57

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I use the Accu_Chek combo and Roche send me the lithium batteries for both my pump and meter. You order them with your canulas etc.