Progress I think/hope

P

Pip16

Hello everyone. I just thought I would give an update on my progress as I've been busy the past couple of weeks so not been posting.
I was diagnosed type 2 mid September with hba1c of 51. I've cut back on all the carbs, I probably have between 50 and 100g per day. Lost 1 stone in weight and feel absolutely fine. My fasting morning readings are now in the 4/5 and before and after meals in the 5/6. Before bed 5's. My average (according to my meter) are 7 day 5.8, 14 day 6.0 and 30 day 6.2. Yesterday was a bit weird. I spent the day doing bit of housework and baking, blueberry scones, macaroons and bread. All recipes found on here. So I didn't eat particularly much meal wise until tea at about 5. I had roast chicken, couple roast potatoes, 2 tiny parsnips , cabbage, broccoli and small bit of stuffing. Now with being so busy I forgot to check my blood before eating but at 2 hours post meal, expecting bloods to be high it was only 6.5. I ate one of the macaroons and some Stilton with a couple of tuc crackers (2.8g carbs and 0.3g sugar each) and again 1.5 hours later on going to bed my bloods were 5.8 and on waking this morning 4.9. My husband's starting to worry that perhaps I'm going a bit too low. But I feel ok. It's Just the roast chicken dinner shocked me. Either I was really low, possibly in the 3's before dinner but will never know or something else... I was picking throughout the day and did have a couple of the scones.

SirAndy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
ignorance
4.9 isn't bad at all for pre breakfast reading. There's people getting 11+.
If my bed readings are in the 5's I normally have a snack before sleeping to keep me during the night.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's fantastic progress, well done! Those figures are great, so keep up the good work. Tell your husband not to worry about your BG's going too low, they won't go too low while you are diet only, if you don't need the insulin your body won't produce it. When someone's BG's come down quickly it is possible to feel a 'false hypo', but yours have come down steadily. Now you can look forward to your next HbA1c results! :) Don't forget to share them with us!

P

Pip16

Thank you sirandy. My wake readings were always in the 6's but I then started having a snack before bed, a piece of cheese or one of the low carb cakes and have been 4/5 on waking since.

Thank you zand. I'm so hoping my next hba1c is better. I would never have got these results so far though without the help from these forums. I'm so grateful.
I think hubby will always be worried whatever my readings are. It's just his nature...
Julie