Progress since 1st March 2017 on LCHF eating

Bigman49

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi All,
Just had my results back from the DN this morning and well pleased with progress so far. Started LCHF eating on 1st March 2017. The DN is very supportive and amazed at the results. She has now reduced my Gliclazide from 2 x 40g to 1x 40g tablet plus 1 x 25g Alogliptin tablet on a morning.
January 2017 was:
HBA1C = 60
Cholesterol = 4.7
Non HDL = 3.96
Triglycerides = 3.04
Weight 20s 7lb
BP129/76

May 3rd 2017
HBA1C = 45
Cholesterol = 3.8
Non HDL = 3.07
Triglycerides = 1.65
Weight 19s 0lb
BP is 125/67
Feeling good and lots more energy with my BG down from 10.4 daily average to 6.4. Not a great fan of gyms or hard core exercise, just keep myself mobile with a few walks each week. No starvation and rarely feel any hunger.
If I can keep this going for another 6 months the Gliclazide will be no more! - Happy days and roll on summer LoL!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great news and very well done indeed.. it's not so bad once you get into the swing of things is it?

Reactions: Prem51

Dairygrade

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Having diabetes
Well done on these results give yourself a pat on the back.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done! Isn't it nice when you find what works for you? :)

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Great reductions all round @Bigman49, well done! Keep up the good work and you should be in the non-diabetic range by your next HbA1c test. :)

Bigman49

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you all for the messages and support. After 9 years on meds and feeling myself slowly going down hill I knew I had to try and do something. I never thought that I could get results like this in so short a time. No Gliclazide yesterday evening so the FG this morning was 7.1 DN said it would lift a little until I lose a bit more weight but during the day my BG readings were in the low 4's. I have to monitor closely until I stabilise out again without the second 20mg Gliclazide but the risk of a hypo should be reduced for a while. She is fully supportive but has to adhere to the NHS stock advice which in my case was totally wrong. My results have proved to me that LCHF is the way to go.

Rosiegough_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Evil beings. Destroying our beautiful Planet X
That's brilliant xx