1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2017 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, Royal Holloway, University of London are conducting a study to understand how people with diabetes create and share knowledge online. Get involved here »
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Pump basics

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by Snodger, Mar 11, 2011.

1. donnellysdogs

donnellysdogs Type 1 · Master

If you change length of tube or type/length of cannulas you must also change the fill size with the Insight as well.
    I got my alarm going off at 30units so it gives me a whole day warning...
    Tonight it went off so I've taken the insulin cartridge out of the fridge to warm up to change tomorrow afternoon when I come home and have my bath...giving cartridge warm up time us definitely best. Especially as it is glass it takes longer than a plastic cartridge to warm up (I think)....

2. noblehead

noblehead Type 1 · Guru
    Retired Moderator

DD, I was told taking the insulin out of the fridge an hour before was ample time, but the longer the better I suppose.

3. Victorri

Victorri Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I've taken mine out now ready for 6.30 in the morning to change. Getting up a little earlier to give me plenty of time to do it

4. donnellysdogs

donnellysdogs Type 1 · Master

I think 1hour is the norm that is stated.. But I have from the combo pump bubble days becoming paranoid and just think if I alarm 24 hours ahead, then take it out as a reminder to do and really let it de-chill. It is also a reminder. As the cartridges only last 3 days its not as if I'm going to go anywhere near the 28days at a warmed up room temperature.

Probably just my paranoia!!!

• Like Like x 3
    #64 donnellysdogs, Apr 15, 2015 at 10:35 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2015
  5. bridkid_74

bridkid_74 Type 1 · Member

Im due to go on pump tomorrow. To be honest ive been dreading it. Ive read so much about pumping on here, websites and in books there just seems so much work involved and i thought it may be slightly better than mdi regime. However inthe few minutes that ive just spent reading your post it has made me feel so much happier. Massive thankyou. Xx

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook