Pump clip

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Am I the only person in the world that has their clip on their pump? I've never even thought to take it off until today and discovered it's extremely convenient, it fits in loads more places then when the clip is on n it's all bulky lol - just thought I would share this :D

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Just wear on my arm without clips between two layers of tubigrip. Never have to take it off tho unless cannula or cartridge change as I have a handset.

Currently just got the new Insight pump and waiting for the 100cm tubes to arrive so it can go back on my arm.

Had it on clip on bra today and its grossly awful for me. Don't normally wear a bra, use arms a lot in my job gardening and feel it all the time...

Hopefully my tubes will arrive in next couple days. Then I really will be super duper happy again.

iHs

Just wear on my arm without clips between two layers of tubigrip. Never have to take it off tho unless cannula or cartridge change as I have a handset.

Currently just got the new Insight pump and waiting for the 100cm tubes to arrive so it can go back on my arm.

Had it on clip on bra today and its grossly awful for me. Don't normally wear a bra, use arms a lot in my job gardening and feel it all the time...

Hopefully my tubes will arrive in next couple days. Then I really will be super duper happy again.

The Insight is fairly small so why not just tuck it in the top of a pair of lycra knickers?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Because when gardening and lifting and using tools its not comfortable bending, or lifting filled rubble bags that I use for my gardening and would make it liable for breaking......

New Nurse n rep wowed when they saw my old pump on arm yest and said what a good way to wear... And fully realise why I need it there.

I'm a naked sleeper, so roaming over the bed last night was uggh!! Can't wait to strip off, jump into bed with it still in place on my arm!!

I'm quite stiff with arm movements backwards so hate putting bra on and turning it round, with a pump on it too!! Got too used to jumping out of bed and not worrying I guess.

Only wear skinny jeans and leggings or short skirts so can't go on leg either.

It really is snug as a bug on my arm.

There is no skin for this pump yet either.

Found a case from another meter (SD Codefree??) is better than the dreadful case they provided with it. So thats one thing sorted. Was going to have to look at small camera cases...

iHs

You could try inserting the Flexlink plus in top of arm at the back where fleshy bit is and then pump can go back in tubigrip.

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Am I the only person in the world that has their clip on their pump? I've never even thought to take it off until today and discovered it's extremely convenient, it fits in loads more places then when the clip is on n it's all bulky lol - just thought I would share this :D

I have my clip on my pump also.

Not sure how I would wear mine otherwise, but thats just personal preference.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Wore clipped to knickers today. What a faff when going to loo!!

@iHs.. Was thinking about arm.. But still got 8mm sets till the ordered 6mm turn up and with my muscles and limited skin I know they are going to hit muscle, just as they do in my stomach. Had already thought of that... Hopefully everything will be here tomorrow and I can do the set change etc with a tube change too.

Last edited by a moderator: