Pump.

Suzieplant84

Hi. Hoping someone can advise me on this matter. Been on insulin pump for a month now and I am still battling with insulin resistance. I have cut carbs and sugars with no positive effects. Really feel lost and massively confused still. Been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes back in Feb 2021 and its been a battling constantly

• Hug
Reactions: Antje77

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Hoping someone can advise me on this matter. Been on insulin pump for a month now and I am still battling with insulin resistance. I have cut carbs and sugars with no positive effects. Really feel lost and massively confused still. Been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes back in Feb 2021 and its been a battling constantly
How were you diagnosed with insulin resistance?
Are your insulin doses being titrated up?

• Agree
Reactions: In Response

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @Suzieplant84 Sorry you are having problems with the pump.
Were you having the same problems when using MDI? I wonder if the issues is with the pump rather than with you.
You should not need to cut carbs massively to manage Type 1 so it suggests your insulin dose is not high enough or your pump is not working (it may be something to done with your injection points).

Reactions: suk

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
HI @Suzieplant84

Have your rates been tweaked since you started on the pump ?

DSN's will start out on conservative ratios on pumps then as @Antje77 has said they will be increased gradually until you hit your stride. There isn't an exact science when switching from MDI to pump, so you should expect to see gradual increases over time, it's a good idea to try some basal fasting tests as you'll need to do these from time to time on the pump anyway to ensure you're getting your basal ratio finely tuned.

What pump are you using and what set ?

Reactions: Antje77