Pumps - are they uncomfortable?

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
But your experience and your level of expertise, @donnellysdogs , make your posts an invaluable resource on this forum. If I could invent the right Insight set for you I jolly well would. Except it might involve some double-sided sticky tape instead of Real Parts (I'm of the Blue Peter school of medical engineering) I'm afraid.....

Reactions: donnellysdogs

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Oh chuckle!! The only way for me to have a pump now is with a Diaport!!
I wish I could get my skin to accept cannulas...

Thank you for the loveliest compliment. I value it enormously. :)

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Oh chuckle!! The only way for me to have a pump now is with a Diaport!!
I wish I could get my skin to accept cannulas...

Thank you for the loveliest compliment. I value it enormously. :)
Darn, just when I was about to start collecting egg boxes and yoghurt pots. I love a project.....

In all seriousness though, it would be lovely to be confident that ongoing progress is being made by the various manufacturers to create a wider, better, and/or different range of options for those for whom existing kit isn't working for their circumstances.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Darn, just when I was about to start collecting egg boxes and yoghurt pots. I love a project.....

In all seriousness though, it would be lovely to be confident that ongoing progress is being made by the various manufacturers to create a wider, better, and/or different range of options for those for whom existing kit isn't working for their circumstances.

Oh and I was so looking forward to getting your project too!!

I fear that others may some time get the same probs as me... and options are limited. Mine prob worse due to the huge dawn and waking phenomenon... the diaport really to me is a last, last option but options are badly running out.

I am seriously worried though that others may get my probs and like me even working so closely with Accuchek could not get anyway around the probs ie 250% TBR for 6 hrs, a bolus before change, huge boluses after not workng (without food) and then 15 hours after a cannula change it would all click
Into place slowly and I'd get what I termed as a "TBR hypo hangover" and whilst battling I could not eat as levels way above 12.. and my eating is so limited!-lol:)...

I never want anybody else to go through this hell.

Somwtimes I do wonder if the cancer growing in me (unknown at time) actually adversely changed my skin and reactions to cannulas...will never know, but I cannot help but wonder....

jasmine1616

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
hate people who think they know about T1D, but they really don't
My pump is not uncomfortable at all!! As long as you put it in fat and not in your muscle. When you go to sleep at night, try and make the tubing under your clothing so it doesn't wrap around you in your sleep. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Type1Bri