Question please regarding carbs

sujepero

I have been looking at labels on foods, as you do! and finding that although some foods have carbohydrates they have low sugar content in them, some have and amount "of which are sugars", I am confused would I be ok eating something with the carbs but with lower sugar? or should I avoid carbs with or without the sugar element :?: hope I have asked the right questions here, thank you, Sue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sugar is a carbohydrate and is included in the total carb figure but sugar may not be the only carb in the pack so they list them as (total) carbs and how much of them (of which sugars) is sugar.

All the carbs get turned into sugar by the body so if the (total) carb figure is high then it is not a good idea. Listing the sugar content separately is not that much help to a diabetic except to say that sugar is more easily absorbed and rots your teeth.

sujepero

Squire Fulwood said:
Sugar is a carbohydrate and is included in the total carb figure but sugar may not be the only carb in the pack so they list them as (total) carbs and how much of them (of which sugars) is sugar.

All the carbs get turned into sugar by the body so if the (total) carb figure is high then it is not a good idea. Listing the sugar content separately is not that much help to a diabetic except to say that sugar is more easily absorbed and rots your teeth.

Ah that explains things, thank you for that,very helpful :)