Questions about blood test answers

KitSileya

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I went in for my yearly diabetes check last week, and there were some results I wondered about.

My trombocytes were slightly higher than normal (403, normal range 165-387), which I guess means I have an infection? My P-ALAT level was higher than normal (55, normal range 10-45) , while my P-Amylase levels were lower than normal (19, normal range 25-120). My doctor wants me to book an appointment in a month or two to go through the results, but said it wasn't urgent. However, my sister was very insistent on asking me to have my alat and amylase levels checked regularly, because when she was having pancreatitis, which caused the pancreatic cancer that killed her, her doctors ignored her abnormal results and told her she simply ate too much and was hysterical when she was writhing in pain in the ER. You can see why I am a bit anxious about the results, even if they aren't wildly beyond normal range, especially since I've had some mild pain/discomfort on the right side of my abdomen, which I have attributed to scar tissue from having my gall bladder removed 13 years ago.