Quite pleased with myself..

Nigelh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Ive just had my latest hba1c results and its come down to 44. Considering it was 126 when first diagnosed in june 2015, then 3 months later it was 70 and now down to 44 im rather pleased. My cholesterol has reduced from 6.5 to 5.8 and my blood pressure is perfect. I hope to reduce it further for my next test in March.

Reactions: 14 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Excellent news, very well done. :) May I ask how you managed to do this?

Reactions: 2 people

Nigelh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Im on 4 metformins a day which is the same as when i was first diagnosed, and ive just cut back a lot on my carb intake.. no bread, pasta, spuds,rice and i take a couple of swigs of apple cider vinegar a day. I havent done much in the way of exercise apart from a bit of walking. I have porridge for breaky or sometimes weetabix, usually a salad for lunch with a bit of meat or eggs, and main meals are usually meat and a selection of veg., I have the odd apple or banana as a snack. In the evenings i can go thru a whole bag of dry roasted nuts , but usually just behave after half a bag..and i have the odd glass of red wine or two.. i also try to use cinnamon when i can if we have a stir fry (no rice but cauliflower rice is almost as nice). I dont worry about fat content at all. and i just read the labels on food packaging for the carbs per 100g . I dont have any sweets or chocs or fruit juices,..although Lindt do a nice choccy bar with only 7g of sugar in the whole thing. If im baking i use canderel. I test my bg levels maybe once a week. I hope that helps.

Reactions: 6 people

Redsnapper

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great effort and great results.So good to hear of others success,always helps me to redouble my efforts.Thanks for posting.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
That is a great reduction Nigel, let's hope it continues this way and your results are lower come March:)

Rog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
LCHF wins again.
I know ones got to be vigilant but I was 109 six month ago and even after a good few squares of 85/90% cocoa chocolate I'm keeping under 6 for one and two hours , I have also dropped into a normal weight of under 14stone for a over 6ft guy plus waist has dropped from 42/44 down to 36" , I take metformin X 2 500 per day and am starting to think they might not be required, its amazing the change over the six months with the last two months taking a real positive direction , do you ever think you might just have got out of jail here .

Reactions: 3 people

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
I know ones got to be vigilant but I was 109 six month ago and even after a good few squares of 85/90% cocoa chocolate I'm keeping under 6 for one and two hours , I have also dropped into a normal weight of under 14stone for a over 6ft guy plus waist has dropped from 42/44 down to 36" , I take metformin X 2 500 per day and am starting to think they might not be required, its amazing the change over the six months with the last two months taking a real positive direction , do you ever think you might just have got out of jail here .
You've made excellent progress. I don't anticipate my diabetes coming back, but my diabetes nurse thinks it will. Time will tell.

Rog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
You've made excellent progress. I don't anticipate my diabetes coming back, but my diabetes nurse thinks it will. Time will tell.
I can't see why it would return if the weight and the diet was the issue. As a matter of interest does you diabetic nurse not believe you will maintain your new lifestyle which has reversed your diabetes or what other reason does she give for it returning?

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
I can't see why it would return if the weight and the diet was the issue. As a matter of interest does you diabetic nurse not believe you will maintain your new lifestyle which has reversed your diabetes or what other reason does she give for it returning?
She has been trained to believe that type 2 is progressive 100% of the time.