Re refusal of test strips

SallyB

I am living in Ireland and I am amazed at how badly the British Government treat their diabetics. In Ireland diabetes is treated as a long term illness and almost anything we need, we get for free. Our GP's monitor us extremely well and I can't really complain about our treatment. Shame on the British Government for not treating it's Diabetics better.

SHEILAC

THANK YOU SALLY. I AM A 75YR OLD PENSIONER WITH TYPE 2 DIABETES. MY DOCTOR AT THE EDENFIELD ROAD SURGERY IN ROCHDALE LANCASHIRE SENT ME A NOTE LAST YEAR WHEN I ASKED FOR TEST STRIPS TELLING ME TO BUY THEM FROM THE CHEMIST. I SAID I AM ON A VERY SMALL PENSION AND CANNOT AFFORD THEM. I WAS JUST IGNORED, SO MUCH FOR FREE PRESCRIPTIONS FOR PENSIONERS, WE EAT AND KEEP WARM OR BUY TEST STRIPS. I KNOW WHICH I PREFER. :roll:

SHEILAC

THANK YOU SALLY. I AM A 75YR OLD PENSIONER WITH TYPE 2 DIABETES. MY DOCTOR AT THE EDENFIELD ROAD SURGERY IN ROCHDALE LANCASHIRE SENT ME A NOTE LAST YEAR WHEN I ASKED FOR TEST STRIPS TELLING ME TO BUY THEM FROM THE CHEMIST. I SAID I AM ON A VERY SMALL PENSION AND CANNOT AFFORD THEM. I WAS JUST IGNORED, SO MUCH FOR FREE PRESCRIPTIONS FOR PENSIONERS, WE EAT AND KEEP WARM OR BUY TEST STRIPS. I KNOW WHICH I PREFER. :roll:

lisapalli

Hi I have type 2 diabetes and has been told that I'm unable to get test strips or anything on free prescription but I lived in southern Ireland and was told the exact same but over there they would test your bloods every 3 months instead of every 6 month's like they do here

lizmartin

I understand that if a person who is diabetic does not take medication they are not permitted to have test strips on prescription.
Could anyone confirm this? Liz Martin