Recourses for pregnancy with T2D

rhubarx

Hi. I'm 32 with T2D in remission ! currently managing it with diet + exercise, no meds.

I'm looking to start my journey into parenthood and hoping to become pregnant next year. I'm at a loss for pregnancy with T2D. I have a history of anxiety and trauma so I really want to take my time and take care during this journey. It seems I'm in three high risk categories: age, diabetes and obesity, which adds extra worry.

I would love some recommendations on books, websites + groups I can join to learn more and hear about other people's experiences. Is information about gestational diabetes the same as pregnancy with T2?

I'm based in Ireland so I'm also very interested how it is managed here, and how guidelines here compare/ differ to the UK.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It seems I'm in three high risk categories: age, diabetes and obesity,
You can't do anything about the first so ignore it (and 32 isn't risky these days)
It's within your abilities to keep your diabetes under control, and to lower your weight. By taking action you will feel less stressed and anxious
Both these will probably involve eating low carb.
What's a typical food day for you currently, and is your weight already on the way down?

rhubarx

You can't do anything about the first so ignore it (and 32 isn't risky these days)
It's within your abilities to keep your diabetes under control, and to lower your weight. By taking action you will feel less stressed and anxious
Both these will probably involve eating low carb.
What's a typical food day for you currently, and is your weight already on the way down?
Hi MrsA2

Yes, I've lost some weight and continue to while lowering my carbs. Although I have influence over some things and not others, it's still a new stage in my life and something to adjust to emotionally. I'm looking for a community who have been or are T2D and pregnant to share knowledge and experiences. Hopefully I will find some

OB87

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi . I had a baby a year ago and was 33. I'm T2