Red wine

Jackie006

Hi I am in need of advice please our town has a festival this week my DN said its fine to have couple glasses of dry wine during the day but I dnt know if it's red or white I would be very grateful for any advice u could give me as I dnt want to put myself at risk

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
As long as it's dry, you can have both red and white.

Enjoy!!!

smillingjimmyc

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
i just about drink a bottle of red each night( I know its wrong!!) and it seems to reduce my sugar levels somehow.

Reactions: 4 people

caretaker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi I am in need of advice please our town has a festival this week my DN said its fine to have couple glasses of dry wine during the day but I dnt know if it's red or white I would be very grateful for any advice u could give me as I dnt want to put myself at risk[/QUOTEDry red is the best . DAFNE say a class only has 1 carb a i don't be leave it .but you can always water it down with vodka only joking.
drink sensibly;)
unless you know what your doing .
and if you know what your doing it dos'nt stop you living just because your diabetic:)we are better than the rest

JAY1JAY1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
I prefer red , but which ever enjoy but not on an empty stomach

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Red wine has little effect on my bg levels, try a couple of glasses before the weekend in the comfort of your own home and see what effect it has on you. Enjoy your festival.

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
i just about drink a bottle of red each night( I know its wrong!!) and it seems to reduce my sugar levels somehow.
I wonder if it's reducing your levels, or just reducing the speed at which your liver releases glucose (because it's too busy processing alcohol instead)? Red wine is my preference because it has less sugar than most whites. A dry white, such as a Muscadet or Reisling, probably isn't too bad but I'm guessing that some of the more popular varieties, such as Sauvignon Blanc and - even more so - Chardonnay, are quite high in sugars. As for a nice Sauternes or Montbazillac, don't even go there :(

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Me thinks you are heading for serious problems!