Reduced Phase II Insulin?

Sirzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
So I recently posted that I was experiencing higher BGs due to a HF diet, but now I'm starting to wonder if in fact my Beta cells are giving up and it might be time for medication. Usually, following a LC diet, not particularly high in fat ( the addition of fat was a more recent experiment), I'll peak an hour after eating then decrease every hour after. Now though, I'm either seeing an increase in the first hour, then a bigger increase after the second which will then come down very slowly. I'm wondering if this could be connected to a reduction of my phase II insulin response. I've also gone from BGs of 4s and 5s to 6s and 7s, which I know is still within what the NHS would consider ok for a diabetic, but I feel awful, sleeping all the time and getting up to pee in the night.

I have an appointment at the diabetes clinic at the end of next month, but I'm wondering if I should ask to bring it forward, but then, as I said, I'm not sure they'll do anything as my BGs would still be seen as ok. I've always had excellent control of my BGs so all this has got me really worried

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I certainly wouldn't be worried at present. Those figures are still good. Fat in a meal slows the absorption of carbs so the blood sugar rise will last longer. If you have any excess weight then Metformin can help as well as a low-carb diet.

Sirzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
I certainly wouldn't be worried at present. Those figures are still good. Fat in a meal slows the absorption of carbs so the blood sugar rise will last longer. If you have any excess weight then Metformin can help as well as a low-carb diet.

I know that BGs levels around 7 are still deemed ok by the NHS, bit I've always felt awful once I go over about 6, which just shouldn't be possible, but I've always known once I'm over 6-7 because I feel like I do at the moment, which is terrible. I'm underweight (as I have a mitochondrial disease), I also follow a LC diet, so I'm coming to the conclusion that maybe my beta cells are giving up, but as my BG would still be classified as being ok, I don't think I'll be given any treatment.