Regular moderate exercise log

IZ THE LEG END

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes!!!
Half marathon? Wow, I need to redefine 'modetate'. Hope all goes well... We've got a five mile walk planned which hardly compares.

We all are capable of different things, I like 5 mile walks as much as 13 mile runs... We have to do what we can not what others can to achieve our targets...

Just got a PB 2:08:05 (Unofficial) was on for 2 hrs and cramp set in at 11.5 miles

Reactions: 2 people

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
I send evil thoughts to the cramp @IZ THE LEG END. Personally running is the worst thing ever, I could probably walk 13 miles given all day as we have done 11 milers before... Congratulations on the PB and fingers crossed for next time on 2hrs.

Reactions: 3 people

JenniferW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well ... is it a coincidence? This morning's BS was higher, and yesterday was one of those days when I barely walked anywhere. It was a grey day, chilly and damp, and there were lots of things I needed to spend time on, all at home, with lots of sitting at a desk. After a deadline this week, I'll have no excuse for not doing a daily walk, but this is typical of how my life goes!

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
We all are capable of different things, I like 5 mile walks as much as 13 mile runs... We have to do what we can not what others can to achieve our targets...

Just got a PB 2:08:05 (Unofficial) was on for 2 hrs and cramp set in at 11.5 miles

******, 2 hours would have been good to crack, at least you got a PB.

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Some moderate walking home from the Saturday shopping with a full rucksack and Sunday yoga, sandwiched between a 13km run to the shops on Saturday and an hour on the turbo trainer Sunday.

Reactions: 4 people

JenniferW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Some moderate walking home from the Saturday shopping with a full rucksack and Sunday yoga, sandwiched between a 13km run to the shops on Saturday and an hour on the turbo trainer Sunday.

Dave - Your idea of moderate and mine really are different! Were you always an active person with this sort of level of exercise in your life?

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dave - Your idea of moderate and mine really are different! Were you always an active person with this sort of level of exercise in your life?

Pretty much, mainly rugby as a youngster, then refereeing, then running and back into cycling. Plus lots of enforced hill walking holidays. In my defence, I did do moderate exercise at the weekend, just in addition to less moderate exercise.

TBH I'm trying to pick up overall activity levels at the moment as I spend quite a lot of time sitting at a desk and I'm getting increasingly unhappy about using my car for a three mile trip into town. Need to be less lazy

JenniferW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Pretty much, mainly rugby as a youngster, then refereeing, then running and back into cycling. Plus lots of enforced hill walking holidays. ... TBH I'm trying to pick up overall activity levels at the moment ...

Well, like you, I'm trying to increase my overall activity levels, but I'm starting from the general characteristics of a sloth! Or is it a koala - they spend all their time either eating or sleeping, don't they?

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
I think sloths grow moss they are so inactive, so unless you've got moss a koala is probably the best. Two hours walking for me yesterday.

RuthW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
90 minutes walking today, split into two outings.

JenniferW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday was good - but the sun was shining! Went off for an afternoon walk, one of the longest for ages.

But this definitely adds to my tiredness problems. In general I like more than an average amount of sleep (always have done), and I'm sure T2 has made this worse over the last year or so but it's difficult to tell as this period's also been one of nightmarish family stresses and strains (happily on the mend now). So last night I went to bed at 9:00 pm, did get up in the night but went straight back to sleep, and only woke up to the alarm at 8:00 this morning. And that's not unusual. Do other people get similarly tired from increasing their activity levels?

RuthW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Initially, yes. And stress also makes me need more sleep, and it raises my blood sugars. I think when I exercise, though, I do sleep better. I wake less. My other issue is that I really think that to set melatonin levels well, etc, I ought to get out and exercise early in the morning. When I do that, I find I wake early and get tired around 9.30, go to bed at ten, and wake early again. However, I'm much more disorganized than that usually!

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Exercise generally makes me less tired - but I do love my sleep. Like to be in bed by 11. Have to be up at 6.30 in the week so, family allowing, a lie in at weekends.
About 40 mind walking for me today.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Hi all, 30mins walking and 20 stair climbs.
Bruised leg is finally better after the fall so back to the hiit class tomorrow.

JenniferW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reached my walking target yesterday without any more walking than was a built-in part of the day's activities, and it made me realise how much my lack of exercise has developed as a lifestyle thing.

Retiring and not having to get up and go out to college, then to work, which for much of my life meant a walk or a bus ride, has been a really bad development! When you don't work, you think it's a chance to spend all your time on the things you like doing best, and for me, exercise and sport were never my choice. So I'm really having to re-think daily routines to change this and only slowly making any progress.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
One Hiit class, 50 min walking and 2hrs housework.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Two hours housework? One of my least favourite forms of exercise!
I hate it too, but if it was up to my husband we'd have to dig our way out through the muck and mess!​

RuthW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've been too occupied and preoccupied to login, but I have done a fair bit of walking in the last few days. About an hour and a half yesterday. And maybe half an hour before that. Family matters a bit pressing right now so just managing to squeeze in half an hour here and there.

Reactions: 6 people