relieved and happy

wiserkurtious

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes :P having to eat food in moderation
Hi every1 just though I'd share this with all of yous :) my mam as been type 2 for 3 years now and having been diagnosed type 1 in july of last year I watch what she does regarding,diet and all of that,since having type 1 I've become abit of a fitness freak and am on a healthy diet where my mams at the other end of the scale,she smokes doesn't watch what she eats so to her I may come across a little annoying at times telling her what to do and to watch this food and rise in blood sugars and so on. So yesterday she had an appointment with her doctor to go over the bloods she'd had done the previous week and everything came back good,kidney function was normal her hba1c was 53mmol,which for some1 not watching what they eat and have no idea where her bloodsugars are before meals is pretty good i would think so I'm really happy and relieved for her. She seems to have abit of a spring in her step so yeah it makes me happy to see her like this :)

Reactions: 9 people

Andy-Sev

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That's good news and maybe subconciously seeing what you are doing has had some minor effect on her and what she eats.

Reactions: 2 people

wiserkurtious

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes :P having to eat food in moderation
That's good news and maybe subconciously seeing what you are doing has had some minor effect on her and what she eats.

haha thanx m8 but no!!! she eat ***** bud she say what i eat is for rabbits ;)

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done for taking control of your diabetes As you say your mums results were good considering her diet is not but it just goes to show that not everyone who eats badly get bad results.

Reactions: 2 people

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Its great to hear her results were good, it most probably helps to put your mind at ease.