Roberta Ruggiero

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've just been listening to a talk from this woman. (Unfortunately it's part of the Kick Sugar Summit and is only free until 12 noon 6th September) but she must have others around.
She has founded support groups and symposiums in the USA all to do with what they call functional hypoglycaemia.
She wasn't diagnosed for many years and was even subjected to electric shock therapy in the belief it would cure what was thought to be a mental health problem.
What she has done, and is doing since, is remarkable.
Worth checking out methinks.
Apologies if she's been mentioned before, I'm not reactivate myself but am interested in the links to mental health and to type 2

Reactions: Lamont D

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I will have a look around YouTube and search online myself sounds interesting, I have seen similar online and with Hypoglycaemia it all depends what the trigger is. Not much research has been conducted because of the numbers of actual diagnosed with RH.

Reactions: MrsA2

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I will have a look around YouTube and search online myself sounds interesting, I have seen similar online and with Hypoglycaemia it all depends what the trigger is. Not much research has been conducted because of the numbers of actual diagnosed with RH.
If you have time it might be worth signing up for the Summit and listening to her, she's on day 3. But only free until tomorrow. So much she said made me think of you

Reactions: Lamont D