Run/walk - Land's End to John o' Groats VIRTUALLY!

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
14.5 mile very sweaty run walk. Found a farm selling unpasteurised milk on the way back, only had a swig but lovely. Little ted wolfed down the lot when I got back.

522 miles to go. Only 22 miles to the next pub break. I can almost smell the beer from he

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I do 4 miles each day. Can I add the whole week? That would be 20 miles

486.9 to go

Reactions: 2 people

IncyWincy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Walked from Burnham on Crouch to Fambridge on the riverbank last week. Lots of lovely flat muddy salt marsh, sea birds and big skies. Stopped at the Ferryboat Inn for a Martini Rosso and diet tonic :playful:

Door to door 12 miles.

474.9 to go.

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm all right, I stopped at waitrose today and picked up a couple f beers.

Another 8.4 for me today

IncyWincy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Can I add a couple of walks I did a fortnight ago on Exmoor?

Circular - Lynton to Lee Abbey by South Cleave returning by the SW cliff path. Amazing sea views. Rather windy on the top - got blown along! 5 miles.

Following day walked down to Lynmouth from Lynton, up the East Lyn River to Rockford (passing NT Watersmeet House). Paused at Rockford Inn for another one of those Martinis! Up the road to St Brendan's church (peaceful and simple interior). Helped a farmer and sheepdog get a cow and approx. 10 sheep/lambs back in their field (they were running up and down the road when we came round a bend). On to Hillsford Bridge, up to Mrytleberry Cleave and down to Lynbridge. More spectacular valley and sea views. Drizzling to start but cleared up as the day wore on and trees provided cover. Weird sea fog drifting in. 7 miles.

454.5 to go.

Reactions: 4 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Can I add a couple of walks I did a fortnight ago on Exmoor?

Circular - Lynton to Lee Abbey by South Cleave returning by the SW cliff path. Amazing sea views. Rather windy on the top - got blown along! 5 miles.

Following day walked down to Lynmouth from Lynton, up the East Lyn River to Rockford (passing NT Watersmeet House). Paused at Rockford Inn for another one of those Martinis! Up the road to St Brendan's church (peaceful and simple interior). Helped a farmer and sheepdog get a cow and approx. 10 sheep/lambs back in their field (they were running up and down the road when we came round a bend). On to Hillsford Bridge, up to Mrytleberry Cleave and down to Lynbridge. More spectacular valley and sea views. Drizzling to start but cleared up as the day wore on and trees provided cover. Weird sea fog drifting in. 7 miles.

454.5 to go.
Um mm. I'll have to put that one out to a vote. Should we keep the 12 miles or save them for the next challenge?

On one hand nice couple of walks and a good samaratan act. On the other hand we were back near Bath when this occurred.

It's an incy wincy bit pushing the rules of virtual run/walking non?

IncyWincy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Um mm. I'll have to put that one out to a vote. Should we keep the 12 miles or save them for the next challenge?

On one hand nice couple of walks and a good samaratan act. On the other hand we were back near Bath when this occurred.

It's an incy wincy bit pushing the rules of virtual run/walking non?

Ah, may have misunderstood the thread. Only just seen it today. Thought the aim was to clock up the miles. If it's a geographical thing feel free to discount. Don't have a smart phone/access to internet in Devon so couldn't have reported the mileage at the time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah, may have misunderstood the thread. Only just seen it today. Thought the aim was to clock up the miles. If it's a geographical thing feel free to discount. Don't have a smart phone/access to internet in Devon so couldn't have reported the mileage at the time.
Not sure there are any rules to it. We'll get there pretty soon though. Keep going with the mileage.

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think any foot miles that were completed after the start date are eligible even if they were not added at the time.

Next challenge - the Camino De Santiago? Cycling LeJog?

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think any foot miles that were completed after the start date are eligible even if they were not added at the time.

Next challenge - the Camino De Santiago? Cycling LeJog?
I'll join you in Spain but not much of a cyclist truth be told.

8.5 mile canal run didn't see any gifaffes though today.

446 miles to go then.

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5 mile run on Hythe ranges and seafront. Just about to light the bbq so you can blame me if it starts to rain.

441 miles to go.

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Another 5 today, in Malta this time, very hot, very rocky but a nice run

436 to go.

IncyWincy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Walked from South Woodham Ferrers to Fambridge today. Initially along the river Crouch but then over the railway and up the ridge to Stow Maries and Cold Norton through the middle of Three Rivers golf course, then dropping down through farmland and back over the railway to the Ferry Boat Inn (AGAIN - 2 Martinis). :p

Very windy - I am glowing!

Wore a step calculator and it was reading 26000 when I got home.

Distance 10.5 miles

425.5 to go.