Sanofi

Crimsonclient

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys
I have been using the sanofi iBGStar and BGStar for a while now and I have found that the iBGStar reads a lot higher than the BGStar. However I have just got in the post my newest addition to the sanofi family the Mystar Extra and just done the first test and compared the new meter and the old BGStar and I was glad to see they read almost exactly the same, one at 5.3 and the new meter at 5.2. I also like the new lancing device it seems more robust than the older version and was pleased that the lancets fit even though it's different lancets. I will be trying the hba1c function tomorrow as you have to set up a profile and has to be done in a specific way

Type 2 diagnosed 24/01/2013.
Novomix 30, Victoza, metformin 2000mg sr (but not taking them as they play havoc with my insides,

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Crimson - The information I received fromSanofi suggested:

"The meter requires a 7 point profile on one day, followed by 7 subsequent fasting readings to provide an estimated A1c reading".

I also understand the 7 point profile must be repeated at least every 32 days, along with sufficient fasting tests, to keep the A1c function current.

Crimsonclient

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
That looks about right rom how I read things earlier as they say in for a penny in for a pound. The only problem I have is the meter is not compatible with ipad iphone or anything and the sanofi desktop software is not compatible with windows 7

Type 2 diagnosed 24/01/2013.
Novomix 30, Victoza, metformin 2000mg sr (but not taking them as they play havoc with my insides,

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ignorant people, diabetes!
Funnily enough I found out recently that my iBGStar reads a LOT higher than my Aviva AccuCheck Nano, I like the look of the MyStar Extra so I might have to phone Sanofi and see if they'll send me one...

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That looks about right rom how I read things earlier as they say in for a penny in for a pound. The only problem I have is the meter is not compatible with ipad iphone or anything and the sanofi desktop software is not compatible with windows 7

How are you getting along with this meter these days, Crimson?