savvio pen

borderter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes! Celebrities and curry
Just recently got savvio pen and when it arrived the screw/plunger was rattling about inside the cartrige holder however i managed to get it sorted or so i thought but now having used that cartridge trying to change it the screw wont easily retract so have tried winding it down and also pushing it but both not good sp please savvio users how do i do it
Have reported fault to lilley and they sent me a pen to replace but its not got to me so far a week later so really must get this one to work ,any help appreciated

• Hug
Reactions: Antje77

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Have reported fault to lilley and they sent me a pen to replace but its not got to me so far a week later so really must get this one to work ,any help appreciated
If you need the insulin today and you can't get the pen to work, you might want to see if you can get a single use pen with an emergency script.

I would also contact your diabetes nurse after the weekend to see if you can get a second pen in case your pen breaks or gets lost.

Good luck, I hope you can solve the problem!

borderter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
If you need the insulin today and you can't get the pen to work, you might want to see if you can get a single use pen with an emergency script.

I would also contact your diabetes nurse after the weekend to see if you can get a second pen in case your pen breaks or gets lost.

Good luck, I hope you can solve the problem!
Have a novo pen and cartridge as standby but thanks anyway plus am going to ring lilley in morning to chase this up failing that will ask DNS to get a spare

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
I keep a spare pack of disposable syringes for when a pen breaks (or I lose it). It's not ideal but you can draw up from the cartridge into the syringe. Ypu should be able to get some syringes from most chemists. (That's what I did on a trip to the UK where I lost my pen and worried that I didn't have enough syrringes for the rest of the trip. )

• Useful

borderter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Update the pen was replaced and am very happy with it in fact the best pen ever owned and lilley replaced it with courtesy ,brill