Seborrheic Dermatitis & Diabetes

Medvejonok+50

Good morning everyone,can anyone tell me if they have had Seborrheic Dermatitis or any type of Eczema & if the itch associated with it eased after starting Insulin on Type 2 as this is exactly what happened to me? & its a great relief! The Dermatitis started after a Staph Infection!

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don’t have Seborrheic Dermatitis but do suffer from contact dermatitis from cleaning and washing up liquids where I had inflamed itchy rash and small blisters on my hands that drove me mad, I tried not to scratch because it made it worse. I have a prescribed a mild steroid ointment and used to go through a tube a month but going ketovore has reduced the symptoms drastically. I’m not on insulin but I believe that reducing my overall inflammation in my body by reducing carbs has a significant impact.
Sorry I don’t suppose this answers your question but I suspect by reducing your blood sugars (ie taking insulin) has helped like it has for me.

Reactions: Antje77

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The main website has this article

I hadntnoticed it as symptom myself, but did havea few weeks of itchy, weird, skin sensations when I first dropped carbs and rapidly lowered my bg.