Seedless low carb bread

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I watched the video, hmmm - a bit scaremongering in my opinion, he mixed far too much husk with the 2 litre of water, 1lb (454g) of husk to 2 litres of water that’s roughly 23% husk to water, the correct dose is 3.5g per 150ml, that’s 4% - so not buying it I’m afraid. To his credit he did say if used properly then it’s safe to use it unless you have a rare allergy.

• Agree
Reactions: MrsA2

buddyscott

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
What I got out if it was mix it well and wait a bit before ingesting because you can"t dilute it once it's gone down. It's powerful medicine that needs to be used wisely not thrown into recipes by the handful like one carbfree book I bought!

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Totally agree but I’ve yet to come across a recipe that throws it about willy nilly or uses a handful , I’ve been low carbing and keto for more than a decade and I’m a chef, I have only used psyllium husk a few times and never used more than a couple of teaspoons. The bread that has been recommended to the OP does say on the website that they recommend no more than 2 slices a day.

Have a read of this, a respected and reputable site that explains a bit more about how to use and the health benefits and precautions when using psyllium husk

Gonna leave it there as we are derailing OP thread

• Agree
Reactions: MrsA2

philosophy47

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Totally agree but I’ve yet to come across a recipe that throws it about willy nilly or uses a handful , I’ve been low carbing and keto for more than a decade and I’m a chef, I have only used psyllium husk a few times and never used more than a couple of teaspoons. The bread that has been recommended to the OP does say on the website that they recommend no more than 2 slices a day.

Have a read of this, a respected and reputable site that explains a bit more about how to use and the health benefits and precautions when using psyllium husk

Gonna leave it there as we are derailing OP thread
Thanks for that, very interesting.