Seen on France 24 tv

peterjones6000

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Miserable people
Last night on France Tv they had a tech programme and the one item was a Dietapp, its a scanner that connects to your I phone you put the small scanner close to food and it will show you either the sugar, calories or carbs in it. I tried to google to find more info but no joy. Anyone else seen or read anything? They said the price was 200euro.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Personally I wouldnt trust an app to tell me anything apart from maybe the time or the weather and even weather apps arent that accurate ;)

C

catherinecherub

If you google dietapp their apps seem to be for people with genetic conditions. Did not see one specifically for diabetics.

peterjones6000

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Miserable people
If you google dietapp their apps seem to be for people with genetic conditions. Did not see one specifically for diabetics.
I did that last night and had the same results as you, annoying! They did show one example testing for sugars, they scanned a bar of white chocolate and an apple guess whichh one had most sugar? But the theory looks good

steve_p6

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Lot of info here dietsensor.com $249 for scanner and $15/month on subscription. Will still rely on you being able to guesstimate portion size and I suspect their database may be US food focussed to start.

peterjones6000

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Miserable people
Lot of info here dietsensor.com $249 for scanner and $15/month on subscription. Will still rely on you being able to guesstimate portion size and I suspect their database may be US food focussed to start.
Thanks for that info I had started to think I imagened it, just thought it would be good for the carb counters