Sharps bin

ExChocoholic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude, loud people
Not sure where to write this but my sharps bin collected today by local council. I am horrified that the replacement bin is full of someone else's used novomix sharps. It was left outside my door, which is fine as I'm in a senior's complex. But when I picked it up was really heavy, so I looked inside. Chock a block full of used needles - they are scheduled to phone me tomorrow I will demand this is fully investigated, it made me feel ill. Not a happy bunny.

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
Do you not get a prescription on repeat for them from your GP? Only asking as I do and the council just collect the full one. Might be worth getting in touch with the GP. Hope you feel better x

• Agree
Reactions: Hopeful34

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Do you not get a prescription for your sharps box on repeat from your GP? Only asking as I do and the council just collect the full one. Might be worth getting in touch with the GP. Hope you feel better x

filly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
I go to the pharmacy and buy mine. Then the council comes and takes it away.

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I get mine on prescription but pay for them. Not sure how much they are off prescription - probably cheaper!

Outlier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Exchoc, that is SHOCKING! I hope you get a massive apology along with the situation being rectified asap.

Reactions: ExChocoholic

ExChocoholic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude, loud people
I have to request bin collection from local council, new bin delivered on Weds and full bin taken. On this occasion the replacement bin was a used one! I did complain and a new one came next day. I asked delivery man if he left the previous one, he said yes and apologised for error saying didn't know how it happened. If this happens again I will make more fuss!