Should I be??

Julie1471

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Having high blood sugars!!!!!
I got given my pump by Kings in Nov 2013. And thought every thing was ok. But last week I called Animas to see if I could get some more screen protectors, some more pump record books and to try a couple of different sets to try.

So spoke to a customer service agent, who told me that my pump is not registered and until it is, they can't help, I've emailed my DSN who has told me that the paperwork was sent. Animas called and left a message asking for contact which hasn't happened. So today I called again and got told the same thing by Animas customer service. They again called DSN and spoke to the person who orders the bits we need for our pumps, and she gave Animas customer service, my DSN email and they have also sent an email as I can't try other sets as they won't send them out to me without registration. And next month I need to make my first order. I'm so glad I have insurance for my pump. But I have no letter saying I have a pump and it's serial number and I'm a bit worried as to where this leaves me at the moment??

Lucie75

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The serial number is on the back of your pump so at least you have that. Perhaps Animas can trace you through that? Otherwise, would they be willing to send you out the Account form so that you can complete it again with your DSN?

Julie1471

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Having high blood sugars!!!!!
Hi Lucie75, thanks for that, been told today by Animas customer service, which is very good. Once I place my first order, my pump will be registered(thank god). As Kings by them in bulk I remember on my first visit seeing a cabinet full of pumps and sets + cartridges, so they buy them to issue, and that once I ask for supplies, it will be assigned to me :).