Type 1 Should I change from Treshiba?

ashleyneildas

Hi everyone
I have been a type 1 diabetic for 35 years, about a year or more ago I was changed from Levermir to Treshiba to prevent hypoglycemia at night (I didn’t have a CGM then!). I have found Treshiba to be extremely rigid and I have to be very regimented about taking my food at the same time and my snacks at exactly the same time! I have struggled to keep up, my highs are very much more extreme on Treshiba and I find my sugars start rising from 11pm to waking at 6am usually around the 12s or more. If i take 2 units at night to try and bring it down nothing happens. My monitor wakes me two or three times at night and i wake up exhausted. I take 10 units Treshiba in the morning and arou d 6 units Novorapid with my meals. I walked this morning for 25 minutes before breakfast which had no effect. My sugar levels only normalise around 11am. I have tried changing my evening meals, i have limited carbs and have added carbs at dinner timr, tweeked my Novorapid but i just feel drained and fed up? I was thinking of going back on Levermir but feel like a failure? Any suggestions or thoughts?