Side affects on medication

Dawnklynch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Having an intolerance to Metformin which I have just stopped taking
The side affect is diarrhoea so I have tried victoza 4 years ago with the same affects.
I have decided to try bydureon as I have better control of my sugar levels, so hoping
I will not suffer quite as much. Has any body suffer the same? what do you do to reduce
the need to run to the toilet? Ie: Imodium perhaps? Would appreciate your advice.
Dawn

dale1958

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
vegetables
I have the same problems with metformin what I did was break them in half and only Just about manageable just to see if your body adjusts to it them increase your dose if your body will let you

Dawnklynch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
I have the same problems with metformin what I did was break them in half and only Just about manageable just to see if your body adjusts to it them increase your dose if your body will let you

Thanks for that.
Have been using metformin for 3/4 years going up to two then done to one. I can't even tolerate one these days .
So going go try bydureon. Hoping to get some feed back from peeps with sensitive tums. And how they would cope with
One jab a week?

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I would talk to my Dr or a consultant, there are many meds and he will be in a position with your history to chose one or two
the once a week jab med isn't my first choice

Dawnklynch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
As it was my Idea to try Bydureon going by the write ups it sounds very good. He could not tell me weather it would be suitable or not. His concern was if it did cause any side affects it takes ten weeks to get out of your system and might fill very unwell for sometime. So I want to know if any body out there has any feed back,also what to do for the dodgy tum.?
Thank you.

Dawnklynch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
I would talk to my Dr or a consultant, there are many meds and he will be in a position with your history to chose one or two
the once a week jab med isn't my first choice

Thanks for your reply.
I do ok on 500 metformin it keeps my sugars to 6. First thing in the morning
And about 9. Two hours after eating dinner. It's does nothing else's but makes me feel unwell, hot sweats
And the loo!!