Similar to what others are feeling ‘burnout’? + want full blood test but where to/?

Jogon

But it’s like this.
Diagnosed a couple of years ago as type B..

I seem to suffer the Dawn syndrome also.
In the last few months i’ve had an ecg that showed a total left bundle branch block, but not other symptoms, no chest pains etc, my doc says it was possibly a heart attack but could also be hereditary….(hmmm) but due to no other symptoms present and the rest of the ecg being well within normal parameters the chest clinic didn’t call for me straight away and i’m in queue waiting a standard appt..which is worrying. I also read that approx 30% of doctor surgery ecg’s are inaccurate when coming to the LBB..
My dilemma are these:
My last hbac was 6.8 which was apparently good? my cholesterol…my good was good, my bad was bad…3.8 or something?
I’ve resisted metformin/atordvast? so far.
My blood pressure (i take candesartan/indapimide) is consistently ‘optimal’ between 120/80 or less on both, pulse 85 ish at ay time of the day…My mmol is flaky, i currently run an average of 8.4. only because i spiked a couple of times at 13 and 10…no idea why at the time but usually i’m hovering around 6.1 to 7.7. Im not impressed with the true air meter though, on some occasions i can take it it will read as an example 6.1. i take it again a minute later and it’s 8.2 etc…..so i’m no longer a slave to the meter
But’s it’s this…..I have in the last 10 months cut out sugar altogether, no longer in drinks/cereals…cakes all but history etc etc…i only eat white meat/fish…gone is late night eating, brown rice over white ( a recent change) brown bread over white …less coffee, more tea, no fizzy drinks and if i do one that has zero sugar/fat…….i’ve replaced sugar with very small amounts of sugarly etc…. I’ve gone from 17st 4 to 15st 12 (this last week). my clothes don’t all fit…and of late and due to a real poor mattress (it’s 15yrs old) and my aching on my arms/shoulder/hips every morning and very poor sleep…maybe an hour then awake, then another hour and then away…all through the night (go to bed at midnight(. well recently i’ve become quite depressed with it all….and fatigue is a factor now, i don’t know how long it takes for peoples body to no longer feel the crave for sugar…but sometimes and with low energy i’d just like a sweet cup of tea…..so far resisted. ….I eat much better but am so utterly depressed with it all…..i’m kind of losing faith with everything…im male, 61

• Hug
Reactions: Pura Vida

Jogon

My recent blood tests didn’t report anything unusual but i’d like a full sweep just in case this fatigue is something else…and of course hba1c update would be good…..if i dont eat i lose weight very quickly and it cant be good. i’ve hovered around 16st for the last month or so…if i eat more in a day the following morning im 16st 1 or 2, if i eat less i’m 15st 12/13 etc…so i guess i’ve reached my weight threshold…my bmi if thats any use these days is 29

CatsFive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We all lose weight if we don't eat! You must be tall to have that BMI at 16st = 101.7 kg, and congratulations on your weight drop.

HbA1C of 6.8% is 55mmol/mol which is firmly in the diabetic range. Presumably your are T2?

My own HbA1C started out at 56mmol/mol, 44 at the last check, done with reducing carbs. Not a classic very low carb diet, but I reduced the portion size at breakfast and rarely have carbs with my supper - tonight is an exception, friend is coming for a meal so I am making Yorkshire puds. Not potatoes though.

However brown rice (yuck!) and brown bread are still carbs, just ones that absorb slightly slower. Have you reduced the portion size as well as changing the type? Come to that, have you tried cauliflower rice? My friend gave me some when I went over to her, I was surprised how acceptable it was.

And dare I mention booze? Beer is sometimes described as liquid bread. Most of it contains lots of carbs.

Are you using your meter to test immediately before a meal and 2 hours later? That will help you find out what is driving your blood sugars up.

And if you possibly can, get a new mattress. Sleeping badly because of discomfort is very bad for your health.