Billy7764

Type of diabetes
Type 2
81d943b9d7846aee4b9aebf41b0c24f0.jpg

efaitch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't often post here, but lurk quite a lot (time...).

The sensation you're experiencing is a parasthesia called formication. It's caused by a number of different things, usually not directly related to diabetes, but could be related to other medication, is be unrelated to current meds. For instance, vitamin B12 deficiency can cause parasthesia, but it's not the only cause!

Best bet is to go to your GP to discuss what is the likely cause :)

Reactions: Prem51

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I followed your link, sorry they must of made changes?

Thanks for tagging me @Bluetit1802 .

Yes, Billy, the Low Carb Programme (LCP) recently became a subscribed option. I am hoping the sign up/payment process makes it clear, that subscribing to the LCP gives lifetime access. Those who signed up before that change are unaffected and their subscription continues without charge, on the same lifetime basis.

4mum_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I was only diagnosed t1 in May while in hospital with DKA. Due to my age they assumed t2 and treated accordingly. On realising I was t1 insulin began. When I first took it, on each injection, I also had the sensation of ants crawling all over me but on the inside.

Billy7764

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Not a nice feeling, wouldn't wish it on anybody. The daft thing was I kept checking my legs even though I knew it was ants. It's amazing what you can believe is real. Billy.

Billy7764

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Mark, not free I'm afraid you have to sign up at $9 a month though the first month is a free trial, at least you can see what you are getting for your buck.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Billy. I signed up to the Low Carb programme when I was diagnosed, while it was still free. I never used it! There’s so many free low carb recipes on the internet and so much info about carb content to be found on packets and apps such as nutrachek, or even just typing “how many carbs in a xyz.” into Google. I never felt the need to follow a program. I don’t know how prescriptive it is but I decided I wanted to find foods I knew I would enjoy. I’ve managed well without it, maybe see what you can do before you sign up?

Mark_1

Hi Mark, not free I'm afraid you have to sign up at $9 a month though the first month is a free trial, at least you can see what you are getting for your buck.

There is a two week example menu on there that is free. It’s a good starting point.

KimWheeler

I was itching for years .. eveñ before I was diagnosed as T2. Going LCHF has finally stopped it. It used to drive me scatty. Now it's an early warning my B.S. is high without needing to test. And I'm so near not taking meds. Hopefully at next review in Feb 2018

Reactions: Billy7764