Skin Sensitivity and Soreness around abdomen Type 3c Diabetes

Nicksayer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I am suffering quite severely from soreness and sensitivity to skin around the abdomen area. It feels very much like bad sunburn and I find it difficult to pull bed sheets over me or wear clothes that rub.

I believe this is a neuropathy problem generated by my type 3c diabetes which I developed. I have Chronic Autoimmune Pancreatitis.

Can anyone confirm this maybe the cause and what I can do to relieve the extreme pain which is keeping me awake for long periods at night

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am suffering quite severely from soreness and sensitivity to skin around the abdomen area. It feels very much like bad sunburn and I find it difficult to pull bed sheets over me or wear clothes that rub.

I believe this is a neuropathy problem generated by my type 3c diabetes which I developed. I have Chronic Autoimmune Pancreatitis.

Can anyone confirm this maybe the cause and what I can do to relieve the extreme pain which is keeping me awake for long periods at night
Hi @Nicksayer

Unfortunately we aren’t allowed to diagnose on the forum so we can’t say what you are suffering is down to. It sounds very painful though and can’t be nice for you, the best thing to do is speak to your GP or diabetes team and they can best advise what it is and how to treat it.

• Agree
Reactions: EllieM

Davecummins

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I have T3c diabetes I have a similar sensation on the top of my feet, they can be very sensitive but not all the time. I have some neuropathy starting under my big toes. No pain around my abdomen. I was on various meds for years to no avail and eventually started on insulin. This seems to be having an effect but it is like walking on a tightrope trying to maintain a low blood glucose without going too low. Some meds are of no use if you have pancreatic damage so be aware. If your medics understand what T3c DM is you are very fortunate as most have no idea!