Slightly confused

brottonmoores

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
2 hours after breakfast blood sugar was 5.1. Had a good 2 hour strenuous walk checked bold as soon as I finished walking blood sugar was up to 5.8 had nothing to eat only water to drink, but half an hour later at home it was down to 4.4, would this be down to my liver dumping glucose into to my system? Or have I got hold of the wrong end of several sticks?
Thanks in anticipation
Jan
Oh lovely it's now snowing glad we got home before it started

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd say yes. It may have dropped into the 4's on your walk so you got a little boost. Nice low bg all round.
The lowest I've tested is 4.4 after a walk and my meter was flashing a boiled sweet icon at me so I had half an apple.
Snowing?? Danger of sunstroke here, almost.

brottonmoores

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ohh where are you? Having said it was snowing the sun has now come out but the wind is icy.
Sometimes I think my liver dumps glucose into my system overnight as my fasting sugars are usually in the low 5s, I'm on Gliclazide 80 mg at breakfast time and metaformin 500 three times a day I'm trying low carb highish fat and adjusting my food to what ever my meter is reading.
I didn't realise diabetes was such a confusing minefield, chuck in high bloody pressure there's no wonder I'm going grey
Jan
I live in the North East of England where we can have a years weather in half a day

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
2 hours after breakfast blood sugar was 5.1. Had a good 2 hour strenuous walk checked bold as soon as I finished walking blood sugar was up to 5.8 had nothing to eat only water to drink, but half an hour later at home it was down to 4.4, would this be down to my liver dumping glucose into to my system? Or have I got hold of the wrong end of several sticks?
Thanks in anticipation
Jan
Oh lovely it's now snowing glad we got home before it started

Put into the simplest form I can;

Strenuous exercise - exactly what that is will depend on the individual, how fit they are etc., - will temporarily raise blood glucose, as your body helps you cope with the exertion.

Gentle exercise -same diminution parameters apply, but it could a be a gentle stroll, for instance - will lower the blood sugar scores.

Either way, the overall benefits are there. Any rise is temporary, followed by a drop. Dom omen eating and you'll know for yourself where the strenuous/gentle balance is. But, don't let that put you off the strenuous exercise at all, it's just the immediate impact it has.

Enjoy!