Smell

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
I class it as a ” hospital “ smell , but it doesn’t bother me , I’ve definitely smelt far worse ,but it’s all down to the individual

TooSweetForMe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
When I first started using insulin, I noticed it more as I used the vials and syringes. I use the flex pens now, and I don't notice it at all.

plantae

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The smell usually associated with insulin is phenol. I do not like the smell much :(

Reactions: SimonP78

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
I don’t like the smell. Way before I was diabetic I remember my mum injecting insulin and every time she did I said I could smell a ‘medical’ smell. Now I inject I can’t smell it at all.

• Informative
Reactions: plantae

Finnlee

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I noticed the smell of insulin more when I was first diagnosed and since I only bolused before meals, I would feel more hungry or salivate at the smell of insulin. :p I wasn't salivating 'at' the insulin, but because I knew if I was bolusing, food was coming.

I only occasionally notice the smell now and I'm not bothered by it.

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
The more i think about it the dafter i am.......
I don't care for the smell but when i prime my pen i let it drop onto my wrist as its the only place i can properly see the insulin coming out of the pen.
Its better when i'm out too as i was last night at a restaurant.....

Tony