So depressed

Tanmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I just don't know what am doing I need constant guidance. Just been to hospital as I had a reading of 2.4. Been low carbing and don't think I need the amount of medication they told me to take

Reactions: Freema

Tanmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I been diagnosed just over a week. Started 1 gliclizide in morning and one at night. Then on day three they upped it to 2 in morning and 2 at night. Last 5 days I have been doing 30 to 50 carbs a day. High protein rolls chicken fish veg and so on. Last night in only took one gliclizide and one this morning as my readings have been in normal range

woodywhippet61

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think that I'm right in saying that you should only reduce meds with the advice of your HCP's. You are really new to all of this and IMO you just need to steady up a bit and take things a bit slower.

When you take meds you have to take into account how those meds work on your body. Diabetes can be very tricky to control and everyone is different and that's without meds being involved.

Cut yourself some slack you have been trying so hard and you will get it under control. But take your time. It takes time to learn what is okay for you to do, eat etc and what isn't. I'm sure that I remember you saying that the HCP's weren't sure if you were type 1 or type 2? Have I remembered this wrongly?

We are all different but one thing we have in common is that we have to learn how to manage our diabetes on a daily bases and in our own way. It is a huge learning curve and we learn by experiementing on our bodies the trick is to do it slowly and carefully and by not causing ourselves harm.

BTW I did reply to you on the other thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: Metabolism_Boss

woodywhippet61

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Jaylee has replied to you on the other thread and explained what might have happened.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
To reiterate what's happening in the other thread. Hit the kitchen & sort your hypo out..
Carb intake.

(Written bold because I know the effects of a low.)

Tanmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I got it up to 8.9 but doctor said to still eat more and test every few hours throughout the night

Tanmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Test before sleep and 2 hours after eating again is 7.5 is this OK for sleeping

leahkian

Stop being so hard on yourself, things change when you have diabetes but you have to take little steps first. The doctors will try to get your diabetes stable first but while they do this it is normal to feel down. Try and learn as much as you can about diabetes and medication that you are taking and ask questions if your not sure about something. Most people feel overwhelmed when there life gets turned upside down with diabetes. All you can do for now is keep checking you BS and over time the more you will get to know about your diabetes, none of are the same what work for me might not work for you. If you believe in yourself and take one day at a time you will learn. If you are feeling depressed see your GP or tell your tell a DNS as they might have someone within the diabetic service who can help you, failing that you can always talk on here as we all have advice from our time with diabetes. Keep talking to someone as depression and worry can effect blood sugars. WE are here and on your side so take everyday as it comes and good luck