Some advice plz

suzi

Dislikes
people who are rude and ignorant, and people who have no patience in queues.
ok. its a male dominated thing :twisted: :lol:
Suzi x

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
suzi said:
ok. its a male dominated thing :twisted: :lol:
Suzi x

suzi.

You've never met some of the Women I know......... :twisted: :lol: :wink:

Jen&Khaleb

Dislikes
Not having enough time. Broken sleep.
Well, no coeliac disease, an hba1c of 6.9 and a TSH level of 260 (no I didn't leave out a decimal point). He's failed the thyroid test and starts Thyroxine in the morning. I've been warned that he could be really over-active and not sleep. He could also have a severe hypo. More tests to come.

Not a good afternoon.
:(

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
awww sorry to hear about the thyroid,
ive been on thyroxine for well over 10 yrs, mine came before the diabetes,
hope u soon get sorted :)

suzi

Dislikes
Aw Jen,
sorry to hear your news, glad he's not Coeliac, but the thyroid problem you could do with out, (((hugs))) I know you'll manage, your a fantastic mum and Khalebs very lucky to have you.
As for the over activity, sure you don't get a full nights sleep anyway!, maybe he'll wear himself out and you'll finally get that nights sleep, and if he's that active he'll maybe need less insulin (trying to make light of it and put a smile on your face) I know it's going to be a juggling act for you and i wish you both all the luck in the world,
Take care, ((hugs)) to you both
Suzi x

Shazza

suzi said:
Hi Shazza,
When Andrew has his GF pizza, the carbs are roughly the same ratio, but because of the spike it causes we give half the carb ratio dose before meal and the other half an hour after he's finished, works for us, but as you know its all trial and error. As for pasta which he loves, its a mystery!! because there is so much starch in the gluten free stuff, i find myself changing the boiling water at least 3 times, by which time i have absolutely no idea of the carb content,and i guestimate !!
Suzi x

Hi Suzi we had pizza last night, I split Ewans dose like you do with Andrew and no spike :D :D first time he,s stayed below 10 eating pizza, thanks for the advice.

Jen how is Khaleb gettin on now?

x

suzi

Dislikes
Hi Shazza,
Thats great, i'm glad it worked for Ewan. Of course it's an extra injection, but i think for pizza its worth it. Hope everything else is well, Andrews going through a ' i'll do it in a minute ' stage, which means by the time he does it all the good work is undone. I hate shouting at him, but am getting very impatient and have banned his tv in his room for the weekend, or until he does what he'stold when he's told. The joys of parenting, tonight is definately going to be a large glass of wine night!!
Take care,
Suzi x

Shazza

Typical boy then Suzi, missing his tv will get him doing things on time. I,ll be havng a wine or two as well tonight, Ewans in a strop because the swimming pool was shut altho I think he was more upset he couldnt get his choc for the exercise

Bearz0410

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine is greatly controlled and I eat normal everyday food that others eat. So is it just me or my diabetes?