Something to help newbies to the site (it won’t diabeat us)

Key_master_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I took a look through your website. You have a lot of good content taken from this website and presented in a friendly way.

Some of your few recipes could use some consistent way of representing their nutritional content, portion size, a picture and fewer hard to acquire ingredients. Think outside the dessert patch.

Everything on your website requires scrolling down a long way before getting to the content.

Your website is not print friendly

Thanks for your feedback, the only real info from this site is the background to diabetes and I’ve linked some of the most recent news articles into the news section. Will take on board what you’ve said and address the issues in the morning, especially nutritional content and portion size. I can’t believe I missed that out, was just trying to get it out before Xmas, what an idiot.

The reason it’s so dessert orientated at the moment is because of Christmas being around the corner. I have a few more to add but if you view the site from a mobile it makes the menu all as one instead of being neatly set out like I made it. It is only a free Wordpress site after all. That issue disappears on a tablet or desktop. it’s only a way to point people in the right direction.

What ingredients are hard to come by in there? I’ve got them all from my local supermarkets.

Not sure I understand the issue with scrolling down, the content is the whole page that your reading. Will look into the print friendly issue.

Thanks for taking a look and giving me your feedback

Last edited:

KathyCP

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Some great looking recipes there. What's the story with xylitol? I'm always a little sceptical about using artificial sweeteners on a routine basis, which is why I don't generally try and make sweet things to eat.