somethings working, and a lunch out question

marigold36

Just had to share, have been low carbing for about 6 days now and today my fasting bg was 8.5, not great I know but its not been lower than 10 for at least two months, and even reached a whopping 11.8 two weeks ago.

one interesting thing though, my post meal bg was higher last night, usually it in the high 7's but i did have 1/2 a shortbread biscuit and 1 square of chocolate (had made strawberry shortcake for dh) and the kids ad bought me chocs so my 2hr bg was 9.0.

I expected this mornings to be higher as a result of the higher one last night. I get so confusedwith this diabetic stuff someimes.

Since low carbing for nearly a week, my 7 day average has dropped from 9.7 to 9.1, and my 14 from 9.9 to 9.4 , and my 30 day from 10.1 to 9.9.

Reason enough to carry on low carbing.

marigold36

must have clicked something wrong as I hadnt ot to the lunch questio yet, I am going out for lunch with kids to one of those play places, I dont think I am going to be able to get a low carb lunch, and theywont let you take in stuff, any suggestions. I am thinking at the minute to just ave a drink and have something myself when i get home, unless they have a salad on the menu.

Thing is we are meeting up with friends and I dont want to stick out and make it an issue. Havent told anyone other than very close family about diagnosis as yet.

marigold36

aargh, somethings up with my pc, it keeps posting before i finish, must have a sticky key or something.

didnt give me chance to say thanks at the end. LOL

Ta

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Marigold :) - if that happens (I'm not sure how or why) if you go back to look at your post there is an edit button on the top RH side - if you click on that you get your post screen back and you can carry on or change it to your heart's content. Just in case it says something you have changed your mind about like I always do several times :lol: If someone has posted already after you you can still edit yours but there will be a text underneath your post saying edited at (time) x times like underneath mine now :lol: The only difference when you edit rather than post is that you can't see the previous posts underneath any more.
Hope this helps.

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Hi Marigold

Go for a salad if they've got it, maybe with a piece of chicken, or fish, or even a burger if they look to be mostly meat. Or anything with eggs. Avoid all buns, chips etc - as you know, of course. You could ask if they have an apple instead of pudding - not too high carb - and drink diet coke or tea/coffee.

You don't have to mention diabetes (though don't be ashamed of it) - you could say you're trying a low-carb diet for weight loss. Unless you're one of those people who doesn't have any weight to lose!

Good luck!

Viv :)

marigold36

thank you, I did tell this friend, she is ok.

The reason I havent told my wider family is that I simply could not do with all their well meaning advice while I am still getting my own head around it. and I know my family, I would be inundated with stuff.

The menu wasnt great, all sandwiches, wraps, chips etcc, I ended up having a flatbread, which was piled with chicken, veg, salad stuff and dressing but just piled on top of the flat tortilla style thing. So I just ate the topping. it was quite nice actually.

Ta