1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2017 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, Royal Holloway, University of London are conducting a study to understand how people with diabetes create and share knowledge online. Get involved here »
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Spinning Spike :(

Discussion in 'Fitness, Exercise and Sport' started by tiredoftrying2017, Nov 11, 2017.

1. tiredoftrying2017

tiredoftrying2017 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

Last time I went spinning I bolused for breakfast and reduced my basal by 30% an hour before, during and an hour after. On this occasion I hypo'd during the class and struggled to stay in range for the rest of the day (constant lows).

Today I had scrambled eggs for breakfast and no bolus with a breakfast BS of 4.9. I reduced my bolus by 40% given the lows last time. Unfortunately the total opposite happened. I rocketed during and after the class and am still high. I'm not feeling that great now, haven't been this out of range for ages

When I got in I tried the usual, lots of water, keep moving (chores), hot shower, then took a correction but am now going to have to chill as really tired and am going to have some lunch.

Learning from this next time I'm thinking try what I first tried again and see what happens then maybe try one or the other (more basal reduction or no bolus).

Any other suggestions?

These were my readings just before I took he correction. I do have a dodgy sensor at the moment[​IMG] as it's running considerably higher than my monitor.

• Hug Hug x 1
  2. Jenniewren1958

Jenniewren1958 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hope you feel better soon

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook