Spiraliser

trinity0097

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Do any of you have a recommendation for a spiraliser so I can do courgette spaghetti?

Reactions: 2 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Hi @Avocado Sevenfold :)

Good thread this @trinity0097 I've been meaning to ask the same question. Thanks :)
Hi @zand x

I started off with a potato peeler, then a julienne peeler then went for the big spiralizer as we do eat a lot of courgetti. A favourite very quick idea is to stir fry it with a dollop of Tesco red Thai curry paste (1.4g carbs per tablespoon). Garnish with nuts and feta or whatever you fancy. Fast food.

Reactions: 4 people

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have the spiralizer and use it daily - it does so much more than courgettes- I have just made fennel coleslaw, I use it for peppers courgettes cabbage onions cauliflower carrots fennel apple potatoes @zand i can't believe you don't already have one, it's right up your street treat yourself you'll love it

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have the spiralizer and use it daily - it does so much more than courgettes- I have just made fennel coleslaw, I use it for peppers courgettes cabbage onions cauliflower carrots fennel apple potatoes @zand i can't believe you don't already have one, it's right up your street treat yourself you'll love it
lol yeh, I'm a lazy, boring cook I'm afraid. But all that's gonna change.....:)

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1439063863.545899.jpg

Most of them including this one that I have has 3 types of blades...keep mine in box only due to fact we are moving soon.

Dishwasher proof too. Really good. The 2 spare blades slot in under the base. Wouldn't be without mine now.

trinity0097

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have ordered the spiralite one, will arrive tomorrow, and hubby is doing stir fry for dinner so I shall have courgette noodles to his rice noodles!

RosieLKH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I may have to progress to a spiralizer and save my fingertips! I've been making various versions of 2 or 3 egg (no milk, just egg) courgette omelette recently with julienne courgette, a handful of frozen peas, sometimes cheese (different types give a different meal - cheddar, feta, mozzerella, gruyere, sometimes bacon - cooked very slowly over a low heat with a lid on and eaten hot, warm or cold. It's a delicious cross between a pastryless quiche and a spanish tortilla.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I may have to progress to a spiralizer and save my fingertips! I've been making various versions of 2 or 3 egg (no milk, just egg) courgette omelette recently with julienne courgette, a handful of frozen peas, sometimes cheese (different types give a different meal - cheddar, feta, mozzerella, gruyere, sometimes bacon - cooked very slowly over a low heat with a lid on and eaten hot, warm or cold. It's a delicious cross between a pastryless quiche and a spanish tortilla.

That sounds fabulous..

trinity0097

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So it arrived today - had Turkey stir fry using it. Instructions were rubbish, but found this online which helped cure my difficulty!

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So it arrived today - had Turkey stir fry using it. Instructions were rubbish, but found this online which helped cure my difficulty!

Try this website she does a great blog with loads of recipes and videos on how to spiralizer all manner of veg, you can also get an email with daily recipe if you register, I'm registered and even though she sells the spiralizer and books she doesn't try to sell you anything

http://inspiralized.com/

trinity0097

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So what else do people spiralise other than courgette that is low carb?

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So what else do people spiralise other than courgette that is low carb?
Just about everything - try the site I posted above it has a lot of tutorials on different veg, if it fits on the spike and is more than 2 inches wide it will spiralize

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Sweet potato is great...

trinity0097

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I know you can do lots of different veg, e.g, carrots, but carrots aren't compatible with LCHF so are no use to me!