Spondylitis, arthritis in spine, anyone?

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
I will check it out.

If we were still in the EU, I would have made the trip over!
What sort of price is it?
I am not sure to be honest but if you google the brand it should come up. I dont understand french lol

Reactions: Lamont D

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Just googled and its 19.90 euros not sure if the send to uk :)

Reactions: Lamont D

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Just googled and its 19.90 euros not sure if the send to uk :)
There is a similar product that is on Amazon.
I will also ask a former physio I know if he has heard about it. Is it in gel or rub or tablet?

Reactions: Lainie71

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
There is a similar product that is on Amazon.
I will also ask a former physio I know if he has heard about it. Is it in gel or rub or tablet?
Its a thin like lotion although it might be a spray as the nozzle appears to be faulty on mine. Let us know if you have any luck as I am desperate to find something similar if I cannot get the original product :)

Jaz132

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I have recently been diagnosed with lumbar spondylosis. I also suffer from fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis. It’s a nightmare I am currently on two different types of morphine as well as nerve damage tablets.
im on the waiting list for spinal steroids followed by nerve burning in my back. And I am absolutely terrified

• Hug
Reactions: Pipp

filly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
I have recently been diagnosed with lumbar spondylosis. I also suffer from fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis. It’s a nightmare I am currently on two different types of morphine as well as nerve damage tablets.
im on the waiting list for spinal steroids followed by nerve burning in my back. And I am absolutely terrified
My mum had spondylosis, osteoarthritis and osteoporosis. Eventually everything fused. She was quite bent over but nerve pain the worst. I have nerve pain which can be very difficult at times but now the bottom of the spine is fused less so in that spot. I am retired now and if unable to do something don't! However much more difficult if younger and more active. Best of luck with your treatment.

• Friendly
Reactions: Pipp

Jaz132

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
My mum had spondylosis, osteoarthritis and osteoporosis. Eventually everything fused. She was quite bent over but nerve pain the worst. I have nerve pain which can be very difficult at times but now the bottom of the spine is fused less so in that spot. I am retired now and if unable to do something don't! However much more difficult if younger and more active. Best of luck with your treatment.
Hi thank you filly
I have bulges in the bottom of my spine as well. I’m in my 30s but had all these problems since my early 20s. It is very hard and I’m limited to what I can do but I just try to get through life one day at a time. It’s all I can do!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@Ryhia Get a mask and a regular snorkel.You have to have the mask to hold the snorkel in place. You just need a cheap one. You won't have to lift or turn your head to breath.
I just read this today, and called my friend who has the same issue with swimming with your solution.
You've made someone very happy today!

filly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
Hi thank you filly
I have bulges in the bottom of my spine as well. I’m in my 30s but had all these problems since my early 20s. It is very hard and I’m limited to what I can do but I just try to get through life one day at a time. It’s all I can do!
Very well said x

Reactions: Lamont D and Jaz132

Grooveyjulie

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Selfish people, cruelty to animal's, and retail staff who see you in a wheelchair ♿ and will only talk to the my husband when I am asking a question or paying for something that really makes me mad
Funny you mentioned cars, the ones I built would be scrap metal by now!
Thanks for that, I will check look at capsaicin, I have heard about before, but can't remember when from.
I'm in the same boat with pain killers and I hate taking anything other than paracetamol. I don't trust others, because of the make up of the tablet themselves. They either have lactose or sugars which may trigger the reaction.
I am hoping other than creams or pain killers won't be forefront, I may need pain management, not yet, but a few years time.
Again thanks.
Hi,
I'm pretty new to this I have spondylitis in my spine which causes me allot of pain in my back and legs they all go numb which affects my mobility, I take strong co-codamol, diazepan, I have taken morphine for the pain but only when really necessary along with ibuprofen tablets and gels, I didn't know that drugs can spike my glucose levels I was never told.
Think I must speak with the doctor about this to see if there's an alternative .

• Hug
Reactions: Antje77

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I didn't know that drugs can spike my glucose levels I was never told.
The amount of sugars in tablets is very low, and thankfully unlikely to raise your blood glucose by much!
@Lamont D 's reactive hypoglycemia is triggered by very low amounts of glucose, but for you, with prediabetes, this isn't very likely to be an issue. :)

As for the thread topic, after months of waiting I'll finally have my appointment with the rheumatologist next week. The GP suspected Axial spondyloarthritis (axSpA) when I saw her in march to ask for a referral for a physiotherapist, so I got a referral to a rheumathologist instead.
Starting to get nervous.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi,
I'm pretty new to this I have spondylitis in my spine which causes me allot of pain in my back and legs they all go numb which affects my mobility, I take strong co-codamol, diazepan, I have taken morphine for the pain but only when really necessary along with ibuprofen tablets and gels, I didn't know that drugs can spike my glucose levels I was never told.
Think I must speak with the doctor about this to see if there's an alternative .
It all depends on your health, what you can do to, speak to your GP about it, but your pain and discomforts come first, rather than the BG levels. Regardless of my list of conditions, if I could, I would forego my reluctance to pain meds, if I needed to, such as an accident. I would need the pain killers.
Hopefully, it would be intravenous, that wouldn't trigger my RH.
I am intolerant to a lot foodstuffs, ingredients and mostly sugars and carbs. Starch is a typical example!
Take care

Grooveyjulie

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Selfish people, cruelty to animal's, and retail staff who see you in a wheelchair ♿ and will only talk to the my husband when I am asking a question or paying for something that really makes me mad
The amount of sugars in tablets is very low, and thankfully unlikely to raise your blood glucose by much!
@Lamont D 's reactive hypoglycemia is triggered by very low amounts of glucose, but for you, with prediabetes, this isn't very likely to be an issue. :)

As for the thread topic, after months of waiting I'll finally have my appointment with the rheumatologist next week. The GP suspected Axial spondyloarthritis (axSpA) when I saw her in march to ask for a referral for a physiotherapist, so I got a referral to a rheumathologist instead.
Starting to get nervous.
Thank you for your advise that's good to know.

Reactions: Antje77

filly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi,
Have you ever used a Tens machine. I used to find this very effective for my spine and used to set for continuous. Then the pain settled and I could change the setting.

Grooveyjulie

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Have you ever used a Tens machine. I used to find this very effective for my spine and used to set for continuous. Then the pain settled and I could change the setting.
Good morning filly, yes I use them all the time on my back and legs along with hot water bottles they do help a bit depending on how bad I am, have you used anything else that works I will try anything legal lol

filly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Good morning filly, yes I use them all the time on my back and legs along with hot water bottles they do help a bit depending on how bad I am, have you used anything else that works I will try anything legal lol
No I haven't. Tens wouldn't work on my knees. Only spine well. Often thought about CBD but I am not really good with drugs, so haven't.

Reactions: Grooveyjulie

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
Have been informed from my x-rays taken a couple of weeks ago, that along with the rest of my conditions, including arthritis in my hands, it is now causing inflammation in my neck joints down into my lower spine. My appointment with physiotherapy is at the end of September, can anyone help with the better methods of coping with it and really important dietary keto advice because of my RH.

Think I'm just falling apart, Doctor said plenty of wear and tear!
Many thanks in anticipation.
Hi, have you watched any of the youtube videos posted by Heart surgeon Dr Pradip Jamnadas? Someone on this forum introduced me to one of them 18 months ago and it has opened my eyes to why our bodies develop Arthritis, diabetes, heart diseases, chronic inflammation and gut diseases. Since listening to this highly regarded Doctor I have kept my numbers at 38 ... two tests under my belt now! Please give him a try x

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi, have you watched any of the youtube videos posted by Heart surgeon Dr Pradip Jamnadas? Someone on this forum introduced me to one of them 18 months ago and it has opened my eyes to why our bodies develop Arthritis, diabetes, heart diseases, chronic inflammation and gut diseases. Since listening to this highly regarded Doctor I have kept my numbers at 38 ... two tests under my belt now! Please give him a try x
Hi @coby, great to hear from you, hope you are looking after yourself.
I have wrote it down, and will watch it tonight.
I do have an idea, as in not only old age, not only wear and tear, something to do with like a lot of conditions, it's about lifestyle and some things to help with it such as exercise.
I had a physio assessment yesterday and, I'm getting referred. But I'm really sore and tight in my lower back and legs, my neck survived the onslaught without more pain, but I wanted to do some gardening while it's warm, sunny and not raining. It's been a bit Autumny the last few days, wet and windy! How's it been by you?
Stay safe, Take care. x

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
It seems at 38, you have crscked it, just need to maintain it.it
I watched the videos inbetween the constant cricket on the box, I will have to have a go!
inflammation is a problem for T2, as I've read it is a precursor that develops into many conditions, the ones you have said. As does continuous high spikes, higher insulin levels, insulin resistance and so on turning into hyperglycaemia!
if you have read any other posts of mine I have had problems controlling my blood glucose levels and because of depression and anxiety, I lapsed fooling myself that I could handle anything that I couldn't tolerate. I have T2 now alongside my RH and the rest!
Had my **** kicked, behaving myself, but it is so frustrating at the moment!
We have a chat going on in general chat forum. The thread is ..... BG fasting levels with full on chat! It is somewhere to catch up with members from all over. You should e job it @coby
Congratulations on your hba1c levels.
Well done!
Best wishes, keep safe.

• Friendly
Reactions: Hopeful34

RobynV

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Pain -I now take privately prescribed CBD oil. Not cheap but the alternatives are poor. Strengthening and stretching - don’t wait for physio. Look online. Altho you are in UK? Look at Arthritis Australia’s site. Or even Facebook. Go slowly. Don’t force anything. As OPs have said tai chi and gentle yoga -the latter pref on the floor mostly. I too am unable to take NSAIDs now. Gave me several types of heart arrhythmias. I have psoriatic arthritis as well as early NAFLD (a PsA common thing). Also low thyroid and Hashimoto’s —and possibly LADA. Still waiting to get told.