1. We're hosting an online Facebook Q&A with Dr Hilary Jones on Mon 27th October - do you have any questions about diabetes that you would like to ask him? Head over to our Facebook page to submit your questions

Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes 2013 by The ADA

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by douglas99, Jan 23, 2014.

1. tonyS54

tonyS54 Well-Known Member

And just were did I mention low carb in my last comment? it was merely highlighting the guidelines in the link from phoenix, the only mention was in my original reply "Thank for posting this, for some reason my post containing the link was deleted from the Diabetes UK & reduced carb thread"

douglas99 likes this.
  2. janewatt

janewatt Moderator

3. Scardoc

Scardoc Well-Known Member

After a quick scan.......which is not enough and I will read this properly when I can..........and going back to a couple of earlier comments it's worth noting that:

The <6.5% target for A1C has an evidence level of C which is "Supporting evidence from poorly controlled or uncontrolled studies" and states "if this can be achieved without significant hypoglycemia".

Chronic vs progressive: I don't see a great shift or difference here. I think both apply, there's no implication for me that I will get complications by the use of progressive. My ability to produce insulin will get progressively worse as (and has) time moves on. It's most definitely a chronic condition as I think it's safe to assume it will last a long time!!