Started On The Meds

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk
hi guys was at the doctor the other day and have now been put on medication metformin (500mg x2 daily and atorvatatin x1 20mg daily ) started looking after my foods just eating as per normal but taking out the bad stuff stopped the pepsi 100% now but found fanta orange zero but drink less than what i did with the pepsi so after 6 weeks of being diagnosed i've lost a total of 6 kilo with keeping the calories and carbs etc under control doing a bit of walking to lose the weight which is hard concidering i drive a black taxi and dont get much time with work where 3 meals a day is nearly impossible you have to eat on the run so to speak but it can be done and kept healthy
i've tried the vodka with the fanta zero and it's fine, found an app that lets you work out what weight you want to loose and calculates how long it will take
it has a barcode reader to scan the packets and gives you the run down on carbs ,calories, fibre per serving and a daily intake for each meal i've been using this to work out what and what not to eat and count daily calories and look back the previous days and it is obviously working for me long may it continue.

Reactions: 2 people

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done, I can imagine stuck in a cab all day it is difficult to get the healthy life style we are all told to have.

Keepup the good work.

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk
yep not!! good new tech has put paid to that years ago when you got issued a job you had to climb the flats or get out the cab
to contact the fare now it's all phone numbers you call them when or just before you arrive and you get lazy !! :couchpotato:
you dont get regular meals but you can still eat healthy but can't burn any calories off

bluejeans98

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I drink Spar lime cordial diluted in sparking water. It is very low carb and I can fool my brain into thinking I'm having a larger and lime. Two bottles of lime are £1.50 and the sparkling water you can get in Aldi for about 17p for 2 liters. Works brilliantly for me and keeps my BG readings lower. Plus all the fluids make me feel full all the time.