Retanna

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Avocado
Hi,

I am thinking of getting a step counter. I don't want an all singing Blue tooth connected to smart phone etc just a normal wear around your neck or attach to your waist one.

What would other members advise

Thanks

jackois

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you have a mobile phone, you could use something like samsung health.

I stick mine in my back pocket whilst walking and it gives duration, steps and distance very accurately.

Reactions: Retanna

Retanna

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Avocado
If you have a mobile phone, you could use something like samsung health.

I stick mine in my back pocket whilst walking and it gives duration, steps and distance very accurately.
Thanks but do not want anything that is on a mobile phone as rarely carry it, only take in car for emergencies.

Reactions: jackois

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I use something similar to this: Omron Walking Style IV Pedometer - Black https://amzn.eu/d/83JA3t2

Sits nicely in a pocket and is small and light. Sure I didn’t pay that much for it though, so shop around.

Retanna

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Avocado
Thanks to those with advice, have just bought the Omron, just what I was after, the others on ebay look rubbish with poor reviews.

Reactions: Goonergal
D

Deleted member 489048

Hi,

I am thinking of getting a step counter. I don't want an all singing Blue tooth connected to smart phone etc just a normal wear around your neck or attach to your waist one.

What would other members advise

Thanks
This is one I've purchased from Amazon can be attached to belt or round the neck with lanyard supplied. Is not BT.
71vaXqTLM7L._AC_SX679_.jpg

Retanna

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Avocado
This is one I've purchased from Amazon can be attached to belt or round the neck with lanyard supplied. Is not BT. View attachment 56596
Thank you for your reply. I looked at the reviews for that one and they were only average many saying that it was not overly accurate.