Strange blood sugars

Jlewis

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So I've had a few strange readings the last few days, normally I'm very active but on Saturday I didn't do much because of a cold so I expected my levels to be higher than normal but they were 2.9

But tonight after I did do a fair bit of exercise they were 7.6 which is a lot higher than normal for me as normally the highest I get is around 4.5.

I guess the cold may have affected it and I know 7.6 isn't a terrible terrible level for someone not on meds but its more confusing than anything

bangkokdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
The effects of exercise on your blood sugars is usually not immediate sometimes you need to exercise for several weeks before you see results so results may not show immediately when you stop. The other facture is Diet you don't take meds but check what you have eaten. did you eat out or at someone else's house keep an eye on it one odd reading could be just down to the meter or strips or your hands being contaminated

Jlewis

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well today lunchtime it was 5.8 which is normal for that time of day normally it between 4.8 to the 5s