stress

stressedout

I AM SUFFERING FROM SEVERE STRESS BUT NOT BECAUSE I AM DIABETIC. UNFORTUNATLEY THIS IS MAKING MY DIABETES WORSE AND I HAVE REACHED THE END OF MY TETHER. CAN ANYONE SUGGEST ANYTHING TO HELP. I CANNOT ALTER MY CIRspamSTANCES BUT MAYBE CAN DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE DIABETES. INCONTINENCE, RAISED BLOOD SUGAR LEVELS, UPSET STOMACH AND CONSTANTLY RUNNING TO THE LOO. I ALSO SUFFER FROM SLEEP APNOEA. IT'S ALL TOO MUCH TO TAKE WITH A VERY SICK PERSON TO CARE FOR.
:(:evil:HELP

bluebird

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
Grumpy folks and taking tablets
Hi

You say that you are caring for a sick person perhaps if you could get some help, i.e. respite for the person you are caring for, and this will give you some me time. Surely your doctor can offer advice - you need to ask for help.

Best wishes Val

junieliz

Hi Stressedout, as is said in the above post you need help to get some time to yourself. Is this person you are looking after getting any help from social services, if so you should be able to get some respite for yourself. You need to to either talk to your doctor or the social services and ask for an assessment as you need looking after as well. Take care junieliz

LIZZIEBETH

Stress does terrible things to me too. Have severely raised BS for weeks while stressed. Resorted to normal eating pattern but anything that really does upset me (ICECREAM) I avoid. Get plenty of rest and sleep. Avoid stressful situations and people who wind you up. Laugh and relax and above all look after number one as much as possible - Hard tho it may be. Stay grounded whenever possible. You are no good to the sick person in your present state. Do you like relaxing, classical music? Try listening to it when you get time. On your own if possible. A massage or reflexology may help you. Not just once, but several treatments. Get out into the fresh air and walk a little. Good luck and take care.

rottweilsteve

Dislikes
incorrect punctuation (see above), Otherwise dishonesty, discrimination, prejudicial behaviour. and general nastiness.
Oh boy - I've been there... You've got the nail on the head when you say "I CANNOT ALTER MY CIRspamSTANCES BUT MAYBE CAN DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE DIABETES". There are two problems here: the stress the situation is causing you, and the needs of the person you're caring for. You don't say anything about the needs of the person you're caring for, but I imagine they're pretty heavy.

Number 1: Call in social services. They may be useless in themselves (other than being another shoulder to cry on), but they are the gateway to bigger and better services. Number two: if it's in any way appropriate, call in the local district nurses. In either case, be present at the interviews/assessments as the primary carer and be clear about your own needs. If home care/domestic care is offered, accept the offer. That gives you a couple of hours off. I often used the time to take the dogs for a proper walk rather than a one poop and you're back home walk - gave me a chance to clear my head a bit.

I never liked social services involvement and, since my partner's death, have distanced myself from social services. But they were there when they were needed...

Steve