Struggling to get tomatoes Tesco?

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just wondered if anyone is struggling to get any type of tomatoes on their Tesco deliveries, for the last 3 weeks I’ve struggled to get any type of small tomatoes such as cherry toms etc, the selection has gotten less and less, last week I had to get bigger tomatoes on the vine, today doing my shop for delivery tomorrow they have no fresh tomatoes whatsoever- it may be just an online thing or an area thing - just thought I’d ask. I may email them

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I like the small on the vine tomatoes and have noticed way less availability of these over the last few weeks at Tesco and Aldi. Nothing in the press that I’ve seen to explain this. This is both on line and in store.

Reactions: lovinglife

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hmm @Rachox, just sent hubby to local Spar and they have nothing either- usually have plenty, not seen anything in press either but it seems there’s something going on

I’ve just contacted them on WhatsApp- which I can’t use very well lol - seems there isn’t an email anymore (sigh) someone will contact me within 2 hrs - will let you know what they say

Reactions: Rachox

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah well that was a pointless exercise- reply from Tesco @6.30 AM today - (a whole 13 hrs after asking when they said in the automated reply it would be within 2 hrs)

Unfortunately we have had supplier issues with regards to tomatoes for a few weeks now but we are continually trying to source from other suppliers, sorry for inconvenience caused Kind regards etc

Then a second post asking me to do a survey :banghead:

I find they often have stuff in store that’s not on the home delivery so I suspect that if I could get to the store I could get me toms, so frustrating when you have to rely on home delivery

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I shopped at my local Tesco this morning and tomato supplies seemed to be back to normal. I hope @lovinglife, you have managed to get some on your order now.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
ALDI have tinned cherry toms whole and quite sweet plus they keep for ages.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sign seen in my local Aldi today:

2023-11-03 12.25.13.jpeg

Reactions: lovinglife