Sugar defender

Sch1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, has anyone had experience of the sugar defender supplement ?

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi and welcome to the forums.

I hadn't heard of Sugar Defender. Google took me to a site where it's on sale for $50 a bottle (this is a discounted price, it's normally $69). The page makes lots of claims - and it also says:

All content and information found on this page are for informational purposes only and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The FDA hasn't evaluated the statements provided on this page. Make sure you consult with a licensed doctor before taking any supplement or making any changes to your diet or exercise plan. Individual results may vary.

I also noted it carries the logos of YaleNews, the American Diabetic Association, Newcastle University, and the National Library of Medicine - in small print underneath it says:

The company is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or affiliated with any of these organizations

So...on that basis, I wouldn't be buying it.

[Edited for politeness]

Sch1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi and welcome to the forums.

I hadn't heard of Sugar Defender. Google took me to a site where it's on sale for $50 a bottle (this is a discounted price, it's normally $69). The page makes lots of claims - and it also says:

All content and information found on this page are for informational purposes only and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The FDA hasn't evaluated the statements provided on this page. Make sure you consult with a licensed doctor before taking any supplement or making any changes to your diet or exercise plan. Individual results may vary.

I also noted it carries the logos of YaleNews, the American Diabetic Association, Newcastle University, and the National Library of Medicine - in small print underneath it says:

The company is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or affiliated with any of these organizations

So...on that basis, I wouldn't be buying it.

[Edited for politeness]
the FDA only approve drugs not food supplements so I wouldn’t expect them to comment. This is all natural ingredients so no drugs.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
the FDA only approve drugs not food supplements so I wouldn’t expect them to comment. This is all natural ingredients so no drugs.
Water is a natural ingredient too. But it wasn’t prevented from being bottled & sold at an inflated price?

Where are my manners. Welcome to the forum.

There’s never any harm in asking… :)

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The Food and Drugs Administration in the USA claims on its website to approve food and drugs, as well as medical devices, tobacco products, cosmetics and other things. This includes dietary supplements.

The reference to the product not being approved by the FDA, and not being capable of treating or preventing any disease, is made by the people selling the Sugar Defender product so it's their stated view.

I don't think it makes any difference it being a "natural" product, depending on whatever definition of "natural" they've picked. But it's your money, and you can spend it as you wish.

• Agree
Reactions: jjraak and Jaylee

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, has anyone had experience of the sugar defender supplement ?
Might have this wrong......
But I might save you some money

That looks like an expensive & unlikely to succeed short cut, to me ....

"DOC: I'm so sorry but test have proven you have a nut allergy, the normal procedure here is to avoid nuts ...but this company has just launched a new product....£££ "

Got a food intolerance or allergy ?...limit or avoid that item ...simple, safe & effective.

Welcome to the club.

Last edited: