Switch from Semaglutide to tirzepatide

GaryL

Dislikes
Green Veg due to IBS.
I am a type 2 but have been on Insulin for years and have been on most forms of long-acting, currently on Tresiba and Nova Rapid .( I do not need to use this much as long as I am not silly). I have been on semaglutide for a while now, and I was first on it before the worldwide shortage; I lost 10 kg of weight. Whilst I could not get it on the NHS, I regained the 10kg plus a bit more. I am back on it again, but I am not losing any weight. Has anyone switched to tirzepatide (Munjaro)? My GP says it is not available yet, which I know is not correct.

Semiaglutide is amazing for my sugar control. I am not hungry most of the time. I am on a lot more drugs for Neuropathy pain, which I feel are stopping me from losing weight.]

I have major mobility problems, and it is painful to walk far.

If anyone is on Munjaro, please let me know if it helps you.

Thanks

Reactions: filly

Analogmonster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My input is not based on diabetes, but mental health. I had similar issues with getting NHS access to a drug via my GP surgery. When I saw a consultant psychiatrist I got exactly the prescription I was denied by the GP.

Are you under the care of a diabetic consultant? Do you see someone at a hospital for your diabetes? They can write to your GP on your behalf and request it. You should be able to call a diabetic nurse at your hospital to discuss this. They will be more knowledgeable than your GP about diabetes care. I agree there is information out there that says the NHS can prescribe Munjaro, including the NICE guidelines.

Second option is to do a formal complaint and say the GP failed to read the NICE guidelines when you requested a change in medication

Reactions: Marikev