Swollen feet and legs

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 12881

Hi I have very swollen feet,and lower legs are now Rock hard, I am not sure this is diabetes related help please????? Xxx
Hi Bigrob. I had the same about 10 years ago. Swollen feet and rock solid calves that really hurt when i walked. It was Christmas day when I decided to actually go to the infirmary and when I got there I was seen straight away. The diagnoses was Septicemia (blood poisoning). The doctor drew a black line around the red swollen part of my leg and gave me antibiotics. He said "go home, lie down with your feet elevated (on cushions) and over the next couple of days just watch that black line. If the red swelling comes over the line, get yourself straight up to the hospital but if it starts to reduce, keep taking the antibiotics until they are finished. I'm glad to say that the antibiotics worked and I haven't had anything like that again since.
Now I'm not saying that what I had is what you have but it could be.
Make sure you see someone about it.

Reactions: 2 people

teaguey47

Hi, my legs and feet used to look like this all the time after an attack of cellulitis. I was on diuretics and they didn't really help until 3 weeks ago when my doctor put me on a beta blocker, now my oedema is non existent and after suffering with the pain and swelling and heaviness it is a blessing. my doctors always told me that if my legs and feet swelled up and were hot to the touch like yours look to go to A&E or an emergency walk in centre. Good luck.

Reactions: 2 people

spent808

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Snap! This was me a few weeks back, I still haven't got a diagnosis (and still got fat feet), after every scan imaginable and three days in hospital the general thought is cellulitis due to my weight. Keeping your feet up as much as possible seems to help a great deal, but get it checked out!

9XZri8r.jpg

BaliRob

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Noisy dogs and loud music especially low-note drumming
I know you have been examined for DVT but do not exclude the possibility of a blood clot(s) the pain is now an indicator. Have you received any recent trauma to the foot, ankle or lower leg recently? A couple of years ago I reported an injury (on this Forum) sustained when a car ran over my foot - and I banged the ankle against a footrest (I was on a motorcycle of course). Your symptoms are more and more similar - like you, my foot, ankle and lower leg ballooned with severe pain extending to the knee. My clots were - one in the groin and two in the crease under the knee joint.

spent808

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I know you have been examined for DVT but do not exclude the possibility of a blood clot(s) the pain is now an indicator. Have you received any recent trauma to the foot, ankle or lower leg recently? A couple of years ago I reported an injury (on this Forum) sustained when a car ran over my foot - and I banged the ankle against a footrest (I was on a motorcycle of course). Your symptoms are more and more similar - like you, my foot, ankle and lower leg ballooned with severe pain extending to the knee. My clots were - one in the groin and two in the crease under the knee joint.

I do hope you got your legs sorted out. Thank you for the reply, 5 years later (I know I totally forgot about this) and i'm in exactly the same situation, can hardy walk certainly not without being in pain while doing so. Doctors are still scratching their heads and looking at me like i'm bonkers.