Synjardy Drug

wookie101

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
HI,

I've just seen my cousin who lives in Europe and he got put on Synjardy and that (for him) seems to have helped him lose weight and get his bloody sugars down to almost normal.

I've never heard of this drug but he showed me the box and I was just wondering, if anyone here is on it (as it might only be available in europe and not the UK) and if anyone else here is on it, how has it been for them.

It seems to be a mixture of Metformin & Empagliflozin

brianzion_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
HI,

I've just seen my cousin who lives in Europe and he got put on Synjardy and that (for him) seems to have helped him lose weight and get his bloody sugars down to almost normal.

I've never heard of this drug but he showed me the box and I was just wondering, if anyone here is on it (as it might only be available in europe and not the UK) and if anyone else here is on it, how has it been for them.

It seems to be a mixture of Metformin & Empagliflozin
I have just been taken off gliclizide today and starting with Empagliflozin tomorrow along side with my metformin slow release the Doctor has warned I will pee much more and to drink lots of water during the day and he said it should help with my weight I will update in a few days and let you know how its going. .. he has given me warnings though like if I vomit or feel unwell with dehydration to stop taking it and inform him or surgery asap.

wookie101

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

Thanks for that, my cousin did say that for the first 2 weeks his blood sugars were forced down alot with which he had problems (as in Hypos) and yes that there was alot of peeing, however he attributes that to helping with the weight loss. But yes it took him 2 weeks to get used to it, as a combined pill. his pill had just 5mg of Empagliflozin

But thank you, let us know how you get on.

Reactions: scribble41