T2 and COPD

drystoneradio

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bad mannered people
I'm T2 and have COPD. Thursday last I came into contact with two persons coughing with no intention of using a capture device...handkerchief, tissue, or bend of elbow...Sunday, I was diagnosed and tested positive for the corona virus. The question I need an answer to is: Obviously my immune system is not what it should be...could I become 're infected' ?...providing I live long enough to get over this!

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
My understanding is once survived you have built up the necessary antibodies to resist further infection, but I may very well be wrong. This is a question for your medical centre/GP (via email!), or the medical help/healthline number...

I am very sorry you got infected.

drystoneradio

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bad mannered people
My understanding is once survived you have built up the necessary antibodies to resist further infection, but I may very well be wrong. This is a question for your medical centre/GP (via email!), or the medical help/healthline number...

I am very sorry you got infected.

Thank you for that...Since posting this thread, I have looked it up online...and...It has happened...In China and America...thank you anyway :)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for that...Since posting this thread, I have looked it up online...and...It has happened...In China and America...thank you anyway :)

Drystoneradio - My take on the re-infected thing is that nobody really, really knows at the moment. It's all too early days.

Nobody knows if those cases are true reinfections, or whether they weren't totally recovered in the first place. Only time will really tell, which isn't too helpful to you, I know.

Were I in your shoes, I'd be trying, where I possibly could to keep my diabetes in a good state, and do whatever I could to equally manage my COPD. (I don't have COPD, so not entirely sure what managing it well would entail - apologies)

How are you feeling at the moment? How are your loved ones coping with it all?

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm T2 and have COPD. Thursday last I came into contact with two persons coughing with no intention of using a capture device...handkerchief, tissue, or bend of elbow...Sunday, I was diagnosed and tested positive for the corona virus. The question I need an answer to is: Obviously my immune system is not what it should be...could I become 're infected' ?...providing I live long enough to get over this!
Hello. Please let us know how you get on. Are you at home and if so how did you manage to get tested? (thought it was only for hospital patients). Best wishes for a long lasting recovery.

drystoneradio

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bad mannered people
Hello. Please let us know how you get on. Are you at home and if so how did you manage to get tested? (thought it was only for hospital patients). Best wishes for a long lasting recovery.
Thanks everyone, I live alone....so Isolation is a doddle...It was a telephone consultation...I had been sat in a hospital waiting area with a couple....coughing...spluttering without the slightest intention of using some sort of capture device...handkerchief, Tissue or fold of their arm...both were warned many times by the nursing staff after numerous complaints...three days later I developed a cough and woke up to feeling like some one was stood on my chest, dripping wet through pillow and bed sheets! Called 111 and was given an 'examination over the phone' and they decided I had contracted the virus!. I'm feeling a tad better...